Options

Happy New Year!! Post a coin from '07

Comments

• Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two hours to go from here...I am forbidden to post til then. image
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options

Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Pic from eBay:

trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Don't own any, but wish you and the family a happy and safe New Year!

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Wimmins are 200 years old today (stman wiping tear from eye) Happy New Year to my friends here, and my enemy's as well.image
    Off to work I go!!

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh my gosh that's a neat one!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    RYK, please see Sig line!!! I would really enjoy to be able to own something like that piece you posted. Probably never happen though.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>RYK, please see Sig line!!! I would really enjoy to be able to own something like that piece you posted. Probably never happen though. >>

Steve, I am not sure which part of the sigline I am to respond, so I will respond to all of it. image

1. No story, it is a coin that is up for auction at Stack's. I would like to win it.

2. If you ask any questions, I will gladly answer them, unless these answers result in you getting the coin and not me. image

3. I do not know how much, but after the sale, this will be public information.

In all seriousness, the coin is a raw 1807 quarter eagle from the ANS Collection, being auctioned by Stack's in ten days. I plan to view the coin at FUN, and if I like it, bid aggressively for it. Quite frankly, either of the following is likely to happen:

1. The coin is not going to be nearly as nice and original as the photos suggest, and I will not be interested in this coin.

2. The coin will be as nice and original as suggested, and I will be mercilessly outbid for it.
  • Options
    RYK, thanks, it sure looks sweet, but you'll know more when you view it. It would probably go well with the 1807 silver sisters I have.
    Don't worry, I won't be bidding, I'd need to research the market for something like this before I ever thought of trying to acquire one. Oh, there is time left?image Good luck on it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file