Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Top row of my Dansco Buffalo Nickel Set

The set is done, but I'll be looking for upgrades over time. I'll try to get row two up tomorrow.

1913 T1

1913 T2

1913-D T1

1913-D T2

1913-S T1

1913-S T2

Thanks for looking,
-David

Comments

• Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, David. I'm very keen on your 13-S Type 2. An excellent example!
    Happy New Year to you.
  • Options
    The mintmark on the 1913-S type 2 looks a bit suspect to me. Check out the mintmarks on some of the coins in the heritage sale. They look a little more compact and boxier. I would check for tooling marks on the rim or flow lines on the mintmark.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

<< <i>The mintmark on the 1913-S type 2 looks a bit suspect to me. Check out the mintmarks on some of the coins in the heritage sale. They look a little more compact and boxier. I would check for tooling marks on the rim or flow lines on the mintmark. >>

I agree with Jake on this one.

I like the first row though very much. Excellent collection and many times better than mine so far.
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    The mintmark on the 1913-S type 2 looks a bit suspect to me. Check out the mintmarks on some of the coins in the heritage sale. They look a little more compact and boxier. I would check for tooling marks on the rim or flow lines on the mintmark.

It didnt look supsect to ANACS. Nor did it look suspect to me when I cracked it out... It doesnt look suspect now. And it wont look supect in my estate.

-David
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks very cool David.

Happy new year.
  • Options
    Very nice group! Of course I too like the 13S best- a very well struck and desirable coin.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mot too shabby !image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The mintmark on the 1913-S type 2 looks a bit suspect to me. Check out the mintmarks on some of the coins in the heritage sale. They look a little more compact and boxier. >>

Actually, the mintmark looks okay to me. But I know what you mean.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file