Home Sports Talk
Options

The # 3 pick in the draft

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
The Browns and the Bucs will need a coin flip to decide who gets the #3 pick in the draft.

Im sure the Bucs will find a way to lose that as well image

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Is the tentative list out yet? (For the non-playoff teams, that is)...image
  • Options
    Espn listed the top 5

Raiders
    Lions
    Bucs/Browns

I missed the rest. I was busy laughing at the Bucs record
  • Options
    It's ashame Romo can't play against the Bucs D every week

I think us Dallas fans got spoiled watching him light that defense up for 5 TD's

Im smelling 4 against the seadawgs next week

Dave
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ashame Romo can't play against the Bucs D every week

I think us Dallas fans got spoiled watching him light that defense up for 5 TD's

Im smelling 4 against the seadawgs next week

Dave

Cowboys should win that game going away. Parcells needs to get back that postseason victory feeling. It's been almost 10 years since his last playoff win with the Jets in 1998.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    dallas lost to the lions was a good thing.....i said this in another thread.. they can beat the seahawks.. and the bears..

both those teams cant move the ball on offense.. sets up well for dallas to make the championship game..

1 problem is if the eagles get blownout by the giants which i can see happening! then cowboys will have to go to the saints and there air attack will kill us again.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The Browns and the Bucs will need a coin flip to decide who gets the #3 pick in the draft.

Im sure the Bucs will find a way to loose that as well image >>

See, this is where fans of relatively successful franchises have it all wrong. If you have an OK season (9-7 or whatever) and get bounced in the playoffs your season was a wash. Your team was never quite good enough to give anyone other than the delusional fan hopes of a long playoff run, and you're stuck drafting in the low teens. But if you're a fan of a perennially terrible team-- like, oh, I don't know, the Detroit Lions for example-- you get 4 MONTHS of breathless anticipation as you await the April draft. While the rest of you only get to a Superbowl every 10 years or so, those of us in Motown get our own Superbowl EVERY APRIL! How sweet is that??
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    boopotts

its amazing that the lions won today... its great for the team that they won.. but for the fans its great also BUT deep down inside you have to say wow now we have the 2nd pick... and watch the raiders will make the 1st pick of the draft a hall of famer while matt millen will draft a PUTZ!

i feel bad for lions fans i really do.. i hope they win the superbowl soon! or at least a playoff game

but you have to be happy with roy williams the lions roy williams .. he is the real deal!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bucs need to draft a head coach. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>The Bucs need to draft a head coach. LOL >>

I will agree with that!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    You know, the more I think about it, you should invest in rookie cards of the number three pick in the draft as well as the #1 pick. In fact, the #3 pick is probably more likely to be a top 5 all-time NFL player than the #1 pick, simply because the Lions passed on him.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>You know, the more I think about it, you should invest in rookie cards of the number three pick in the draft as well as the #1 pick. In fact, the #3 pick is probably more likely to be a top 5 all-time NFL player than the #1 pick, simply because the Lions passed on him. >>

Great point. The #3 pick should also be a perennial All-Pro player. But in a way the Lions 'passed' on the #1 pick as well, by virtue of this fluky win in Dallas, so whomever the Raiders draft is a stone lock for a fabulous career.

In any event, THE COUNTDOWN IS ON. While the rest of these schmucks are fretting over nonsense like 'home field advantage' and 'matchup problems' men like you and I, Tom, are priviledged with the blessing of knowing that the REAL football season has just begun, and won't conclude until April; at that our beloved Boys of Honolulu Blue will be the belles of the ball all the way up until April!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    # of rings in the 21st century:

Bucs: 1
    NFC East: 0

When that changes let me know!

JS
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In any event, THE COUNTDOWN IS ON. While the rest of these schmucks are fretting over nonsense like 'home field advantage' and 'matchup problems' men like you and I, Tom, are priviledged with the blessing of knowing that the REAL football season has just begun, and won't conclude until April; at that our beloved Boys of Honolulu Blue will be the belles of the ball all the way up until April! >>

There is one more bright side to being a Lions fan: I read in another post where a Broncos fan is so devastated he can't even bring himself to watch the NFL playoffs, and I can't blame him. As a Lions fan, we never have that problem.
  • Options

<< <i># of rings in the 21st century:

Bucs: 1
    NFC East: 0

When that changes let me know!

JS >>

# of Tampa Bay Bucs franchise wins as oppossed to losses:

Wins: 193
    Losses: 304

When this changes in a few hundred years let me know! image

edit to add: I forgot;