Home Sports Talk

So whats it gonna be? Is Brett Favre done?

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
I say he will be back. Finishing the year on a winning streak after such a terrible start has to give him a little optimism for next year.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• From this going on NBC where he is crying his eyes out it looks like he is walking away.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Uh oh he is crying on the field after the game. I might be wrong image

I hope he comes back
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Thers no crying in football?? hes done.. no more picks he almost had the record for most picks ever!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching that interview, I think he knows deep down this was his last game.

Favre is/was one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL and a true gentleman who played the game like it should be played. I'm not a Packers fan, but I will really miss watching him.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • he said

"i love these guys and will miss them"

I love this game and will miss it, way to put me on the spot."

"Im reassured I can still play"

It looks like he wanted to walk on a good note. 8=8 with that team is amazing.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's gonna torture the press for another month while he mulls things over once again.
    Favre said last night he'd make a decision in a couple of weeks so I don't think that's out of the ordinary for any player, especially one that has been the face of the Packers for 16 years. As far as playing it out in the media, it's the MEDIA that keeps that story going, with the endless interviews and quotes. The media laps this stuff up, especially since they know that Favre is going to be honest about his feelings with regard to his thoughts (last night's interview, case in point), so to blame Favre for that is unfair, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    No one wants to see a person waffle back and forth on a given matter. I'm just suggesting he does that part privately.

Fair enough, I do agree with you there.