Home U.S. Coin Forum

I'd love to see a U.S. set like this.

SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just facinated by this image I found this afternoon.

Hoping to get a New Year's pass on the Darkside material.

Here's the link to the Heritage Auction. Lot53053

If anyone has a pic of a U.S. hub and die I'd love to see it.

Comments

• CaptainRonCaptainRon Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    ttt, In addition to a hub and die, I would love to see a master hub.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt
    And a link.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about how coins are made in '07.

Found this link and thought I'd post it.

Link
  • DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Cool link ! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Is it legal to own US hubs or dies? I would think not. I'd hate to see the secret goons bust down anyones door based on what they naively posted on this forum.

And besides I doubt anyone has anything like that. If they did, then I'd bet they were striking up classic coins that "look like they were struck yesterday". A term I've seen dealers use in describing an $80,000.00 coin in their inventory. Whenever I read anything like that, I get chills. image
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it legal to own US hubs or dies? I would think not. I'd hate to see the secret goons bust down anyones door based on what they naively posted on this forum.

And besides I doubt anyone has anything like that. If they did, then I'd bet they were striking up classic coins that "look like they were struck yesterday". A term I've seen dealers use in describing an $80,000.00 coin in their inventory. Whenever I read anything like that, I get chills. image >>

Hmm. The Hobby Protection Act says COPY needs to be on reproduction coins. Does it cover coins made by private citizens using actual US hubs and dies (if it's even legal to own them)?

I always thought coins that "look like they were struck yesterday" refered to dipped coins....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file