Home Sports Talk
Options

Can you get a negative QB rating?

ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
If you can, Grossman has it tonight. He's simply horrible.

Comments

• Options
    bluto would be proud!
  • Options
    Grossman is just not that good of a QB. He has poor decision making, and he isn't accurate. His early season success is because he got sort of lucky and hit a few long bombs...as the season went on he missed some wide open long bombs. Is there a team in the playoffs that could say..."I would want Grossman over my starting QB" ???

If I am the Bears in the playoffs, I play three yards and a cloud of dust, and then hopefully catch the opposing team on a wide open play action pass. I wouldn't go in expecting this guy to win it for you. The only way he should be passing 30 times in a playoff game is if they get down big early.

As a sidebar, I still find it humorous all the MORONS who clamored for Kyle Orton last year and cited 'his' record as a staring QB, and then this year called for Grossman's job and ignored 'his' starting record as a QB. Fans are stupid. Neither of 'his' records would be above .500 with a bad defense, SO WHY IN HELL DO YOU CREDIT THE QB FOR THE DARN RECORD AS IF HE IS THE ONLY ONE PLAYING!! Again, STUPID.

Much like Antwan Rothlesberger 'winning a title' last year. I say Antwan, because he was actually the most influential quarterback in the outcome of that game, YET Rothlesberger will get a 'ring'. Again, STUPID. And he goes into the category of 'he knows how to win', while BETTER QB's who weren't lucky enough in the circumstances, get the 'can't win the big one' label. Again, STUPID.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Ben played poorly in the Super Bowl, but he was clutch leading up to that game. Peyton Manning had the #2 ranked defense in the NFL last year and a stacked offense, but he choked again in the playoffs. Like it or not, winning is all a starting QB is going to be judged on. It may not always be fair, but in football, more than any other sport, the QB is the single player who gets most of the credit when the team wins, and the most criticism when the team loses. I mean, how often does a coach change the starting RB at the half if the team is playing poorly?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something obviously is drastically wrong with Grossman. Hey, "everyone" only has so many hits and injuries they can stand before quitting something, and perhaps Grossman has reached his limit already. He's struggled through injuries and maybe he's thinking about not getting hurt while he's out on the field...which of course makes for an ineffective NFL player.
  • Options
    There are rules in the QB rating calculation that keeps it greater than or equal to zero. Similarly, there are rules on the maximum rating. The range for QB rating is 0 to 158.333333333.

QB rating calculation

Doug