Home Sports Talk

good news for cowboys

seahawks lose starting CB! should open the passing game even more! see you in chicago 2nd round!!!

link

Comments

• wow, what a loss, i was wondering why the hawks are only favored by 3.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowboys really ought to win that game. Seattle did all they could to not win the division but here they are. Parcells needs to get back that postseason victory feeling, too. It's been almost a decade now since his last win in the playoffs with the '98 Jets.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Good news" for the Cowboys? A team floundering into oblivion this season.

Reminds me of a good news - bad news joke.

Guy goes into the hospital to get his appendix out.

He wakes up, the doctor is standing there and says to him, "I've got good news and bad news for you...the bad news is during the operation the scalpel slipped and your balls were accidentally cut off."

The guy says very frantically, "My balls were cut off? Cripe sakes doc, what the hell is the good news?"

Doctor says, "Well, we ran a test and they weren't malignant."

-
  • mike williams scoredddddddd
  • Cowpuke fans offered these suggestions for today's Dallas Morning News headline -

Not Again.....

Underwood's Man Under-Performs

Kill me.

Allas Cowboys lack 'D' For Defense.

COWS POKED!

No Romomentum into playoffs

The season came in like a Tuna and left with a Lion

NO-mentum

Owens pleased with early involvement

Dead Man Fumbling

Al to Jerry-Thanks! Cowboys help Raiders secure #1 Pick

100 miles of bad road ahead.

Let's go Mavs!

Parcells Retires Before Playoffs

Bring on the Raiders!

Lions are playoff bound O wait they are 3-13

Get a rope!

Stopless in Seattle

Here is a quick tip for Seattle on how to beat the Cowboys.... just show up!!!!

Sorry Charlie!! Tuna outcoached once again!!

Kitna to assume Romo's Pro Bowl spot

Cowboys moving to Philippines - changing name to Manila Folders...

Rebuild the Team, Not the Stadium

Dallas Drops to #22 in BCS Rankings

Wrong Roy Williams selected to Pro Bowl!

Seahawks earn first round bye.

Tuna is Cooked

Parcells' Dallas Legacy Continues... Another December Collapse.

Looking forward to the draft. All defensive backs should apply.

Auld Lang Suck

Seattle coaches announce they will rest starters against Dallas "Defense" next week

Parcels has brain scan. Nothing found.

Lion Down.

No Mo' Romo

Prideless in Parcellsland

Jessica Simpson asks: Is this team coached by a Tuna or a Chicken?

Uh, is that guy in South Bend available??

Houston Viewers Spared Lion Attack

TO Gets More Involved With Offense. Cowboys Lose Again

Cowboys show mercy to home fans...no home playoff game.

Parcells sits Garcia in closer!!!

Kill Bill

Cowboys and the Tin Man in Search of a Heart

Cowboys Snatch Defeat from The Jaws of Victory

Oz gives Lions Courage; Tin Man Receives Heart Before Dallas D Can Arrive.

Season Tickets Available ... CHEAP!

Last stop... Seattle!

Lions Enjoy Tuna Melt(down)

Cowboys offseason starts in Seattle, is the fishing good this time of year?

Cowboys in the playoffs......You are Lion.

Another 9-7 finish for the 'Boys!

Anointing Oil Dropped - Cowboys Slip

Cowboys executed. Iraqis rejoice. Film at 11.

Jones Signs Raymond Burr For Playoff Run.

Wildcard or Joker?

Cowboys Drop Ball on New Years Eve!

Cowboys overtake Giants in football futility!

Cowboys Lose Ball in Tall Grass

Jones Signs Rosie O'Donnell For Offense, Raymond Burr For Defense.

Jones Pushes League To Drop From 4 Downs To 3.

"This just in! Dallas trades playoff spot to Oakland for 1st pick in next years draft"!

Cowboy Fans Long For Dave Campo

Auld Lang Sag ...

Carrie tells Tony..."I left Clay Aiken for this"???

NEW YEAR'S DISSOLUTION

Defenseless Against the Lions in the Romo Coliseum

Dallas Cowards

Detroit Lions try to keep 1st pick in the draft; Dallas Cowboys won't let them.

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Wow you guys are sure bitter. You see the word Cowboys and you start pounding away on your keyboards spouting off all kinds of junk. Whats funny is the fact that deep down, way down, you know your team sucks and has never won anything!You guys are absolutely 100% jealous of the Cowboys success.Thats the reason for your pent-up aggression.

Say what you want to deny it but we all know its true. People hate winners, especially ones with 5 Lombardi trophys. Its easy to hate a winner especially if your a fan of a organization that is as bad as the Eagles.

Heres the only Headline you need to read;

Cowboys 5 Superbowl Wins

Eagles 0 (Yes that is a big fat goose egg)

• Funny stuff SoFLPhillyFan.

As a die hard Cowboy fan I gotta laugh cause the 'Boys are starting to make me cry. Where is the defense and will somebody please ask Mr. Romo to secure the ball when playing in space. The Cowboys have the ingredients to be a winner but they just don't don't perform that way on a consistent level.........

I think the Cowboys have a good shot aginst the Seahawks-the injury to their CB helps. It will turn into a shootout. I know the Eagles are playing the best ball in the NFC right now but look out for the Giants especially if the keep feeding Tiki Barber the ball.
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers

• << <i>image

Wow you guys are sure bitter. You see the word Cowboys and you start pounding away on your keyboards spouting off all kinds of junk. Whats funny is the fact that deep down, way down, you know your team sucks and has never won anything!You guys are absolutely 100% jealous of the Cowboys success.Thats the reason for your pent-up aggression.

Say what you want to deny it but we all know its true. People hate winners, especially ones with 5 Lombardi trophys. Its easy to hate a winner especially if your a fan of a organization that is as bad as the Eagles.

Heres the only Headline you need to read;

Cowboys 5 Superbowl Wins

Eagles 0 (Yes that is a big fat goose egg)

image >>

Bunked with Stalin last night I see.

Cut and paste actually. Those suggestions are real. Check the Dallas papers. Fans are heading for the exits. At least those who grew up in Texas or have actually spent some time there are hanging in. The carpetbaggers have picked are glomming onto new teams.

Is that all you have?

Check the Cowskirts record over the last ten years, then come back and talk to us.

When the 'Patties lose in Seattle it will be their worst post season drought/run in franchise history.
  • First of all, it's time for Parcells to go

By Randy Galloway
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING -- This was the Cowboys as of mid-afternoon on New Year's Eve:

Gutless, confused, incompetent, and the biggest joke to make the NFL playoffs since, well, the New York Giants weaseled their way in the day before.

With something still to play for, the Cowboys couldn't overcome the two-win Detroit Lions, who blew the first pick in next April's draft by
    out-hearting the Valley Ranch amoeba 39-31....

...But based on the current evidence, this is a team that has quit on Parcells. Tuned him out completely. It happens when a head coach allows a double standard in being the hard-butt on all players except one. And that one, the biggest fool of all, he "handled" him by attempting to ignore him since Oxnard.

Along the way, however, what can't be ignored is how the 17-week season has totally unraveled.

The defense, never as good as advertised, reached joke status in December, and a new low on Sunday.

Those 39 points by the Lions, who do have a dangerous offense, meant 152 points have been hung on the Cowboys during the final month of the season.

The Sunday loss meant in Parcells' four seasons here, the Cowboys have, like clock-work, dropped three of the final five games, all of those 12 L's except one coming in December.

This latest debacle against the Lions, Dave Campo would have been gone by sundown. Chan Gailey by dinner.

But Parcells apparently will be in Seattle with a defense that is suddenly so bad it's baffling.
  • Another home debacle adds to downward spiral

By MAC ENGEL
    Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING - The Cowboys tried a different scheme and a few new players in hopes it would do something for a defense that has re-defined bad in recent weeks.

And yet the end result was no different than smearing makeup on a donkey...
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    soflphillyfan LOL you must be the most bitter fan in the world..

do us all a favor and worry about the giants and not the seattle dallas game..

1420 admitted he was jealous of our 5 rings.. after reading all your post i see you must be more then him.. see you on the golf course next monday after tiki runs for 180 and 3 td's!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When the 'Patties lose in Seattle it will be their worst post season drought/run in franchise history >>

I would rather go though a drought like the Cowboys have than to be a fan of a team that hasnt won anything of consequence since 1960. 47 years and counting image Hey thats almost two times worse than the Bucs image I didnt think that was possible image

Please refrain from using the term drought. Your making yourself look silly