Home Sports Talk

Private thread - For Eagles fans only

stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
So kuhlmann, iamthegreatcornholio, lawnmowerman, daddy43, KOBEcollector, and all other non-Eagles fans....why are you looking then? image

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Eagles!!!!!

• << <i>So kuhlmann, iamthegreatcornholio, lawnmowerman, daddy43, KOBEcollector, and all other non-Eagles fans....why are you looking then? image
    >>

No one can resist a glimpse of success.

Cowgirls lose at Seattle by 10 points.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So kuhlmann, iamthegreatcornholio, lawnmowerman, daddy43, KOBEcollector, and all other non-Eagles fans....why are you looking then? image
    >>

No one can resist a glimpse of success. >>

You are so right baby!! Get a glimpse of this!! image

Cowboys fans - Living in the past. image

• Another history buff.

Please, tell us how you feel right now...at this moment that the Cowpatties have lost to the second worst team in the league on a day when they really needed a win.

<< <i>Cowboys fans - Living in the past. image >>

Are you kidding me??

Werent you the one in a thread ealier this year saying that the Eagles Championship game wins should count as superbowl wins??

hahahaha Talk about living in the past!!

<< <i>

<< <i>Cowboys fans - Living in the past. image >>

Are you kidding me??

Werent you the one in a thread ealier this year saying that the Eagles Championship game wins should count as superbowl wins??

hahahaha Talk about living in the past!! >>

Those are NFL championships the Eagles won, the Super Bowl is the NFL championship...different name but the same thing, and the Eagles have three NFL Championship rings. You just don't hear Eagles fans bragging about them. We have a quiet confidence in our team. We were close two seasons ago, just 4 points away from winning another NFL championship now called the Super Bowl, and I think this season we are going to win another.

Go Eagles!!!!!
    Note to the moderator: Please remove all non-Eagles fans posts from this thread. This is a private thread for Eagles fans only. Thank you!

Go Eagles!!!!!

<< <i>

Those are NFL championships the Eagles won, the Super Bowl is the NFL championship...different name but the same thing, and the Eagles have three NFL Championship rings. You just don't hear Eagles fans bragging about them. We have a quiet confidence in our team. We were close two seasons ago, just 4 points away from winning another NFL championship now called the Super Bowl, and I think this season we are going to win another. >>

You dont hear Eagles fans bragging about them for 2 reasons

1. Because everyone old enough to remember is either dead or senile

2.They know they dont really mean squat

When did they win these games?

Eagle fan at his finest living in the ancient past image

• << <i>

<< <i>

Those are NFL championships the Eagles won, the Super Bowl is the NFL championship...different name but the same thing, and the Eagles have three NFL Championship rings. You just don't hear Eagles fans bragging about them. We have a quiet confidence in our team. We were close two seasons ago, just 4 points away from winning another NFL championship now called the Super Bowl, and I think this season we are going to win another. >>

Eagle fan at his finest living in the ancient past image >>

You guys sure are bitter after losing to the second worst team in the league.

Getting in the mood to handle next week's loss?

Happy New Year!

Love the siglines. Green goes well with your eyes.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Eagle fan at his finest living in the ancient past image >>

You guys sure are bitter after losing to the second worst team in the league.

Getting in the mood to handle next week's loss?

Happy New Year!

Love the siglines. Green goes well with your eyes. >>

No bitterness here my friend. Just posting some replys to ridiculous statements

The Eagles did have a nice "comeback" this year. I wont deny that. But heres a news flash, they have not won anything yet besides the division. After the season is over no-one is gonna care or remember the division win unless they win the superbowl.

We all know thats not gonna happen. Not this season or anytime soon. So have fun "celebrating" its gonna be short lived.

• The third loss in a row will be the charm for the 'Girls and the off season is not so short lived.

Enjoy it.

BTW - the ring on the right says "World Champions." It's from 1960.

Pats SB ring also says "World Champions."

An explanation - Notice the term "World Championship." Are teams to be penalized because the league was not as well organized? Based on this would you say that Vince Lombardi never won a Super Bowl? The game was not officially called such until 1969.

"The Super Bowl was created as part of the merger agreement between the National Football League (NFL) and its rival, the American Football League (AFL). After its inception in 1920, the NFL fended off several rival leagues before the AFL began play in 1960. The intense competitive war for players and fans led to serious merger talks between the two leagues in 1966.

One of the conditions of the AFL-NFL Merger was that the winners of each league's championship game would meet in a contest to determine the "world champion of football". According to NFL Films President Steve Sabol, Then NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle wanted to call the game "The Big One". During the discussions to iron out the details, AFL founder and Kansas City Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt had jokingly referred to the proposed interleague championship as the "Super Bowl." Hunt thought of the name after seeing his daughter playing with a toy called a Super Ball. The ball is now on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. The name was feasible because postseason college football games had long been known as "bowl games" (the term originates from the Rose Bowl Game, which was in turn named for the bowl-shaped stadium in which it is played). Hunt only meant his suggested name to be a stopgap until a better one could be found. Not having thought of one, the owners named the contest the AFL-NFL World Championship Game. Not surprisingly, fans and media tended to use the shorter, unofficial name. Starting with the third contest in January 1969, the name "Super Bowl" became official. "

<< <i>The third loss in a row will be the charm for the 'Girls and the off season is not so short lived.

Enjoy it.

BTW - the ring on the right says "World Champions." It's from 1960.

Pats SB ring also says "World Champions."

An explanation - Notice the term "World Championship." Are teams to be penalized because the league was not as well organized? Based on this would you say that Vince Lombardi never won a Super Bowl? The game was not officially called such until 1969.

"The Super Bowl was created as part of the merger agreement between the National Football League (NFL) and its rival, the American Football League (AFL). After its inception in 1920, the NFL fended off several rival leagues before the AFL began play in 1960. The intense competitive war for players and fans led to serious merger talks between the two leagues in 1966.

One of the conditions of the AFL-NFL Merger was that the winners of each league's championship game would meet in a contest to determine the "world champion of football". According to NFL Films President Steve Sabol, Then NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle wanted to call the game "The Big One". During the discussions to iron out the details, AFL founder and Kansas City Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt had jokingly referred to the proposed interleague championship as the "Super Bowl." Hunt thought of the name after seeing his daughter playing with a toy called a Super Ball. The ball is now on display at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. The name was feasible because postseason college football games had long been known as "bowl games" (the term originates from the Rose Bowl Game, which was in turn named for the bowl-shaped stadium in which it is played). Hunt only meant his suggested name to be a stopgap until a better one could be found. Not having thought of one, the owners named the contest the AFL-NFL World Championship Game. Not surprisingly, fans and media tended to use the shorter, unofficial name. Starting with the third contest in January 1969, the name "Super Bowl" became official. "

image >>

To quote someone we both know "Another history buff" image

If I wanted a course in ancient history I would have signed up at the local JC image

Whatever you have to do to make yourself feel better I guess.

Cowboys 5 Superbowl wins

Eagles 0

1960?? That sure is a loooong drought,dont ya think?

Alot longer than 1996
  • You keep bringing it up and we'll continue to correct your tendency for revisionist history.

So again.

Did Vince Lombardi win a Super Bowl?
  • bye bye mora - goodluck in the playoffs guys

<< <i>You keep bringing it up and we'll continue to correct your tendency for revisionist history.

So again.

Did Vince Lombardi win a Super Bowl? >>

The real question at hand is Have the Eagles won a superbowl? The correct answer is no.

They did however win the "championship" game where the winner received a trophy carved out of a boulder courteousy of one of the local cave-dwellers.

Really though they shouldnt have won that championship game where the other teams qb got carried away by that Terradactyl The game shouldnt have ended on that play image
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    cowboys started playing in 1960! when did the eagles start playing?

5 championships since then to your 1 i guess? maybe zero!

giants will win sunday! 1 and done for the shegals!

<< <i>cowboys started playing in 1960! when did the eagles start playing? >>

Great point!

Its a shame all the Eagle fans are gone now. They are all drunk and dellusional from winning the division.

The thing you have to understand is they won their "superbowl"
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I cannot see any team from the NFC beating the Eagles. Yes, I am biased ... imageimage

But, I think there is some credence here. Is there a hotter team? The Bucs were the epitome of a hot team. So were the Steelers last season. Chicago is the weakest #1 seed in recent memory, and New Orleans is vulnerable. The Eagles have a very nice chance of playing for the NFC Title. No way the giants beat em, and the Eagles went down to New Orleans and lost a heartbreaker.

cowboys are going nowhere fast. They do have 5 however, and I am jealous of that. I said it. Yes, I am jealous. But they stink this season, last season, for the past 10 seasons, and will continue to stink for many more!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
    The Eagles have been in two Super Bowls. And yes we have lost them. However, I do think that in many Super Bowls, the loser is remembered. I remember a fair amount of the losing teams in the various Super Bowls and World Series. But that doesn't mean chit and the Cowboys winning 5 Super Bowls doesn't mean chit as far as this season is concerned. And that's what I'm focused on...THIS season.

The Cowboys made a huge "mistake" losing that game to the Lions. This game against the Falcons was almost the same as a bye-week game. The Eagles starters have received a nice rest and will now be relatively fresh going into the playoffs.

PS: In case it wasn't noticed, the Eagles won the game against the Falcons anyway even with their second team...that is impressive and is a good sign among many good signs that the Eagles are going to be in the Super Bowl.

-
    I am heading to the game at 9 AM tomorrow. Looking forward to a nice, relaxing day ...
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    HAVE FUN!!!

Loth

<< <i>I am heading to the game at 9 AM tomorrow. Looking forward to a nice, relaxing day ... >>

Wish I could be there with ya. But I'm looking forward to watching on TV a nice Eagles win tomorrow. Unless Garcia messes up bigtime, there's no way the Eagles lose that game.
    I was mentioning this to one of my buddies: the only thing that scares me about these playoff games is the fact I have zero worries. Can't explain it, as the past five seasons have been filled with it.

• << <i>

<< <i>I am heading to the game at 9 AM tomorrow. Looking forward to a nice, relaxing day ... >>

Wish I could be there with ya. But I'm looking forward to watching on TV a nice Eagles win tomorrow. Unless Garcia messes up bigtime, there's no way the Eagles lose that game. >>

lol, no way the Igglets lose the game? Come on now. Going to the Super bowl? Quit blowing smoke up your own -ss. The Eagles are just this generations Buffalo Bills. They don't win anything that matters.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

• << <i>You keep bringing it up and we'll continue to correct your tendency for revisionist history.

So again.

Did Vince Lombardi win a Super Bowl? >>

Lombardi, like Tom Landry had there coaching career start with the NY Giants. No revisionist history here, just facts.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards