Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Topps Heritage Football Quality Problem

I was doing some post-holiday shopping and on a lark bought a sealed box of the Topps 2006 Football Heritage box from KMart (8 packs for $20). For some reason, half the packs only had 4 cards each. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Who can I contact at Topps quality control about this? Instead of getting 64 cards, I ended up getting around 40 cards!

Thanks in advance.
Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri

Comments

• tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Try contacting Topps about it .

• Is there a customer service mailing address? Or an e-mail address? I've never had a problem with them before.

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NC

I pulled this from my file - haven't used it in a few years - I think I got it from JS.

Please feel free to contact topps yourself..heres the contact info:
    Topps 1-212-376-0300.
    you can ask for Anne at ext. 515 (baseball card division)

email address for her correspondence is: Amaniscalco@topps.com

It's worth a try.

Otherwise, if ya look on the pack - you'll see some contact info with an 800 number - the problem with that number is you wind up having to leave a message if memory serves.

Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Thanks everyone for the help here. I called Topps at (800)489-9149 and they were very friendly.

If you ever have a problem in the future, you can send your UPC code, receipt, and a letter describing the problem to :

Topps
    Attention Consumer Relations
    401 York Avenue
    Duryea PA 18642

They will send me replacement packs for the missing cards. Of course this only works for this year's cards.

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    you were able to seapk to someone. I have tried calling them numerous times and only get a recording. I have never heard back. I have even sent a letters and havent heard back. I will have to try that number some time.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Wild... I've been having the opposite "problem" with their 2006 Bowman Heritage packs.

I've only opened one hobby box and three bonus boxes (8 packs each), and have encountered multiple packs with an extra card or multiple inserts (when there should only be one). Nothing too major, mostly. I'd say almost half the packs simply had an extra normal card. A few packs have had multiple foil cards. The crazy thing is, in one pack I pulled two identical Brad Wilkerson bat cards, and in another pack I yanked two identical Lance Broadway autos. In both instances, the cards were back to back. Reading the Beckett forums, it looks like I'm not the only one encountering these nutty collation issues.

My "favorite" pulls from 2006 Bowman Heritage have been the random cardboard chunks that somehow made it in after the sheets were cut (chopped? whatever they do). They're white and vary in size... I dunno... it's just funny to open a pack and gets bits n pieces.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Epilogue - I sent out the letter Monday, and they sent me 3 packs in less than a week. I received a Vince Young Gridiron Relic, Joseph Addai Chrome, Matt Leinart Chrome, Joe Klopfenstein Auto, and Peyton Manning chrome. Not too bad there.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Epilogue - I sent out the letter Monday, and they sent me 3 packs in less than a week. I received a Vince Young Gridiron Relic, Joseph Addai Chrome, Matt Leinart Chrome, Joe Klopfenstein Auto, and Peyton Manning chrome. Not too bad there. >>

Glad to hear it nc.

I've always had good luck with their customer service.

mike
    Mike