Home Sports Talk
Options

Detriot - when bad teams play good with nothing on the line

With nothing to gain the Lions looked pretty sharp today, they certainly didn't just go through the motions.

Comments

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    They played well last week too. I will say this about the Lions they have 16 players on the disabled list including 6 offensive linemen and still are competitive in some games. I wonder how many other teams could do any better given that.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They played well last week too. I will say this about the Lions they have 16 players on the disabled list including 6 offensive linemen and still are competitive in some games. I wonder how many other teams could do any better given that. >>

Not sure how many could do better, but one things for sure: No teams could do worse.

Did I mention that it might be a solid idea to pack away a few thousand rookie cards of the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They played well last week too. I will say this about the Lions they have 16 players on the disabled list including 6 offensive linemen and still are competitive in some games. I wonder how many other teams could do any better given that. >>

Not sure how many could do better, but one things for sure: No teams could do worse.

Did I mention that it might be a solid idea to pack away a few thousand rookie cards of the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft? >>

That RC-- whatever is is- will be the Microsoft stock of the 21st century. Like Tom said, you can bet the farm on it. I know that I'll personally be backing up the truck and loading up the RC of whomever gets drafted by the Raiders, and I strongly suggest everyone else does as well. Rejoice, Raider Fan! You will RULE THE NFL WITH AN IRON FIST for the next 15 years!!! I don't know who you'll end up drafting, but I can promise you that whoever it is will turn into a STRAIGHT UP STUD in the National Football League! Just look at Carson Palmer; the Bungles were a freaking disaster throughout the '90's, but all they needed to kickstart their franchise was to have the Lions draft BEHIND them. Who wouldn't want to be sitting on a stack of '03 Ultimate Carson Palmer RC's right now? Anyone?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With nothing to gain the Lions looked pretty sharp today, they certainly didn't just go through the motions. >>

Well there is something on the line...their jobs...some of these "training camp darlings" who always make the team, receive their contract, but don't do that much in the regular season, now play like it's training camp again with more intensity knowing this game's film will be scrutinized. Yes...this is not unusual for a lowly team like the Lions to win like this...of course they didn't beat that much in a floundering Cowboys team.