Home Sports Talk
Options

"Let's Win One for the Tiki"

That should be the Giants slogan. Despite having a dismal 2nd half, the Giants do have a deadly weapon in Tiki and could be very dangerous in the playoffs. You never know in the playoffs. Just look at how the St. Louis Cardinals of baseball limped into the playoffs with a barely .500 record. You just never know.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options

I favor early retirement for Barber.

Second quarter. image
  • Options
    I might add, I can't believe Tiki is retiring. He is having one of his best years and I wish he would reconsider his retirement. At least he is going out on the top of his game. Tiki is truly one of the top 5 classiest guys in the NFL.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that a guy who just set his team's single game all time rushing record would be retiring, but Tiki seems dead-set on walking away from everything I've heard.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Giants dangerous in the playoffs? image

You start drinking early this fine New Year's Eve?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just look at how the St. Louis Cardinals of baseball limped into the playoffs with a barely .500 record. You just never know. >>

I agree. They are playing the Eagles at home where they have already beat them this year.

I think Tiki will have a big game and the Eagles will be watching the rest of the post season from the comfort of home.
  • Options
    Look I love the Giants only second to my Jets, but these guys wouldn't know how to win one for the gipper. They're the whining Me Team. Me, Me, Me.
  • Options
    Be wary of the Tiki. He is going to break a lot of opposing fan's hearts. image

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giants are hanging tough so far...Barber's been awesome so far. Shockey has been more involved, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a little emotion from Tiki? Sitting on the bench smiling, I dont know it just struck me kinda funny like he could care less about the Eagles about to win the game. I know he played hard though..
  • Options
    How about a little emotion from Tiki?

I agree.

Maybe Tiki is coming back and changed his mind.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiki ain't "coming back" - no way.