Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

THE WORLD SERIES OF COIN TRADING

SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
I am happy to say I finished 24th out of 653 entrants in the collectors part of the contest. On day 1 I purchased EVERY 1909VDB Matte Proof Lincoln cent I could get. I think there was someone else doing the same thing at the same time! Anyway, I got 63 of the 94 available coins. To fill out my million dollars I bought 1990 no S Lincoln cent proofs in PR69DCAM. After that, I just sat on my "investment" and watched it grow by $425 thousand. The contest was fun and I certainly didn't expect to wind up as high as I did, but I did know one thing the day I started. The 1909VDB Matte Proof Lincoln cent has ONLY one way to go over time. And that is UP!

Anyone else want to share their story?
Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    I finished in 17th place. My way of thinking was probably different than most. I looked at coin series that interested me, and said...... "If I wanted an MS63 example for my collection, which coin would I pursue, based on price?". If it looked like a bargain compared to the other years for ther series, I would gobble it up.

I stayed away from the bullion game, I didn't consider that real collecting.
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    I might have bought a few coins early and quickly got disinterested in it, I finished 210th image

way too much time to invest with zero possibility of payout. but I guess the journey's the thing ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file