Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Griffey Jr. dup's...

I just recently bought some Griffey Jr. cards on ebay. Well, to be exact about 200 cards. There are about 50 of them that are dup's. I didn't know if anyone had any ideas on the best way to sell them on ebay. If I should combine all the identicals and sell, do individual lots with each one in there, or sell them all together. Anyone with any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One large lot would be the best bang for your buck, IMO. Raw Griffeys, even his RCs (with the exception of 89 UD RCs) are just not worth enough to list separately. You may get lucky & get a Griffey fan to bid. Good luck.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guru

Have you checked ebay under Griffey to see what other people are selling?

To be frank - there is way more product and cards than can be absorbed by the consumers.

I've got enough early 90s stuff from when my son collected to fuel the furnace for an entire winter!

Good luck on selling your dups.
    and Happy New Year
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Unless you want to spend $17 or so in listing fees you should probably sell them as a lot.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with you Stone. It seems that the the UD 89 card is about the only thing going for high cash. And even the raw cards aren't going for all that much. The verdict is still out about what I'll do. I'll probably decide by the time I get off work tomorrow.
  • Options
    Are the years clustered or random?

What is the year range - early 90s or a lot from the 2000s?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    90's - current.
  • Options

<< <i>90's - current. >>

This stuff was so plentiful - you will never believe.

Back around 1992, I bought a box of Glavine 2nd year cards from a guy in Ga.

He threw in for free 50 92T Griffey cards which were booking over a buck back then.

The Scoreboard unloaded carloads of the stuff back in the 90s before going belly up.

I bought 800 ct. boxes of stars for like 2 cents a card!

It will keep me warm during the next ice age!
    Mike
  • Options
    Hold on to them until he is in the HALL of Fame. You might get more bang for your Griffey's.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    I would be interested in them. Let me know what you have.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >