Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Great CU Moments for 2006 - Have a Favorite thread?

Now this can be anything from a great moment to a thread that just sticks in your mind.

I'm gonna have to go with the enigmatic and inimical RichG in the thread about "how much" you spent on a card.

RichG was painfully persistent - I felt like I was living in a Seinfeld episode that I couldn't get out of!

Here's the quote that precipitated the conflagration:

<< <i>just about every item I own costs a good penny >>

Anyone else? Remember - this is for 2006 - I have all time favorites like the great Collector222!

Happy New Year
mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    My favorite hands down (whatever that means).....You know you're a hardcore collector when.....
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Mike, That was a very memorable thread. I also think the "Squirrels gathering nuts" thread was very memorable.

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Favorite thread:

any thread that rick contributed to and made the board better

Non-Favorite thread:

booting him for a few comments that didn't seem that inflammatory, especially in scheme of what we do and say around here regarding: grading turnaround times, partiality for certain high-volume submitters, graders in general and a multitude of other much more inflammatory topics we covered in 2006.

very sad to me

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    The thread that was removed......about psa grading too many 10s for a selected few...It got a few members kicked off but the truth always hurts.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike, That was a very memorable thread. I also think the "Squirrels gathering nuts" thread was very memorable. >>

Is that the one where I go "nuts" on Dav?

If so, I was a wee bit neurotic!

Mike
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Yep, Thats the one.

i think one that will be very Memorable for years to come is the 1975 Topps Mini Case break thread. Awesome.

• Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    My favorite thread is mail call. WIth all the crap that I deal with in my job...the mail call thread is a great diversion. I love seeing the new items that others have acquired and are so proud of and I also like to show my recent purchases as well. This thread is what the hobby is all about, the joy and thrill of adding to your collection and the pride in displaying the pieces for all to enjoy.
  • Options
    Was mudflap's suspension from ebay (outed a shiller) this year? His online chat was hilarious.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Any thread that involved Sportscardgraded was memorable in a very humurous way.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    1) 1975 TOPPS Mini Case-Break thread.

2) The PostCard thread.

3) The RICHG threads.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    1. Mail-Call Thread

2. Elemenopeo's TTM A & G Auto thread

Arthur
  • Options
    I think my memory is..er.. damaged but from recent memory, I liked the 75 case break and the Allen Ginter TTM. Good Stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    the 'group purchase' thread