Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GAI sealed case box ??

Topic stolen from ebay group Wax Packs ect. GAI wax box graded from a sealed case. Is that mark look like one from when the retailer shipps back to Topps? If so how can it be from a sealed case if Topps marked it? Topps resealed the case then sold it? Anyone know?

ebay link
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    I always thought that x-outs were returns or misswrappes so as you imply, it can not be an original sealed case. Either way...stay away!!
  • Options
    I don't have any problem with X out boxes. They may have very slightly lower condition cards in rare instances, because of extra handling or price tagging, etc. because they are returns from a wholesaler/retailer, but I've had very good luck with them. Topps did put the boxes back in cases and resell them at a lower price. If you get a good deal on one that looks nice, I personally wouldn't be scared away. Most wax dealers and buyers seem to consider them perfectly legit boxes, they just aren't as visually appealing, IMO.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    They may have never left Topps before the black mark. They may not only be returns, miswraps etc. but they could have been excess stock sitting at Topps until the end of the season and Topps just marked them like that for closeouts. By the way, my friend dealt directly with Topps and was getting these closeout CASES for $37.00.......yes per case! I could tell you some stories my friends..........but maybe some other time.
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may have never left Topps before the black mark. They may not only be returns, miswraps etc. but they could have been excess stock sitting at Topps until the end of the season and Topps just marked them like that for closeouts. By the way, my friend dealt directly with Topps and was getting these closeout CASES for $37.00.......yes per case! I could tell you some stories my friends..........but maybe some other time.

Excellent point.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    imageimageimage