Home Sports Talk
Options

If the Super Bowl went to pay per view how much would you be willing to pay?

No, I don't think the NFL would do this since the backlash would be huge but I'm sure it has crossed their minds from time to time.

Comments

• Options
    I'd give them ten dollars.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    id only pay if the cowboys were playing..if not i could care less to spend the money!

that is why i think it wont ever go to PPV. bc they will only get people to pay that actually care for the 2 teams playing.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go a hundo.

Remember when the Las Vegas chamber of commerce offered Rozelle $100m and committed to build the greatest stadium on earth if the NFL would commit to do the superbowl there permanently? I know it's a different topic, but along the lines of significant superbowl change.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NFL makes far more money broadcasting the Super Bowl on national TV so I can't see that ever happening, either. The commercial money alone would be reason enough never to consider it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    To answer the question - I'd probably pay $60 at the most because of the parties we have - but if the Bills were playing - man, it would be tempting to see how much I would pay. It obviously wouldn't be more than a few hundred - but for my favorite team - I'd be screwed.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to $50.00 if I had to.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Commercials would be worth the $50.00 I would spend.
  • Options
    I guess a $100 if it was a good match up.
  • Options
    nothing I got the good cable boximage
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Whatever it takes ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    not a penny.

they make too much $ on the ads, heck thats why half the people watch anyway. most times the new ads are better than the game
    lol
  • Options
    The only way I would pay is if the Cowboys were playing. If not I would just go to a sports bar that had the game.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Would have to sit outside my neighbor's house and watch the game through binoculers....
    Would wait for it to be out on video.....image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    i'd be willing to pay bluto blutarsky's gpa in dollars
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i'd be willing to pay bluto blutarsky's gpa in dollars >>

I wouldn't pay nutin' unless my Eagles were playing.

Hey...don't knock Bluto's college grades too much...remember he became a US Senator. image
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    I have paid in the past, $ 20 and more, for events like the first Duran-Lenard fight, Etc., however football seems to have always been "free" viewing so It's hard to say, ten to twenty would probably be the max.

Most likely sports bars and local taverns would have it, so that could be a good altenative. No doubt a rerun will be shown somewhere, so one could listen on radio to the live event then watch later, if the results warrant a view.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.