Home Sports Talk
Options

OT - TV help

Well this thread is only sort of off-topic since I watch sports on TV. I’ve read knowledgeable TV threads in the past so here is mine…

My problem is that my TV is quite of-out-focus, but only when I watch HDTV. The basic 480p TV coming from either a coaxial cable or a composite (yellow) cable looks fine. However, when I connect a component video cable (I don’t have HDMI) to watch HDTV or play PS3, it looks like crap when set to 720p or 1080i. Basically the three colors are slightly out of focus. There is a “flash-focus” button on the TV, but that only seems to affect the normal 480p mode.

Is there any way to focus the TV for High Def?

My TV is a rear projector Sony made in 2001 (model kp53hs20). I bought the TV used in late 2002, and I've never used had access to HDTV (living on campus) until recently so the TV may have always been out-of-focus on HD, but I wouldn't have known. I’ve asked a few knowledgeable friends and I’m afraid I may be SOL so I’m hoping someone here may know otherwise.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Brian

i have a sony 61 inch rear projection 2001... dont no if that is the exact one you have? but if it is? sorry to say you might be SOL

i went through all that and it wouldnt give me hdtv so i went and bought a 42 inch flat screen hewlett packard (spelling).. and that tv is hdtv and that was also a pain in the a$$ to get right..

but if you have the same sony as i do.. i could never get it to work even with comcast employees to help!
  • Options
    Hey Chris, I was afraid of that.

I'm looking at this samsung that's on sale for $1,949.