Home Sports Talk
Options

Mike Tyson arrested in Arizona on DUI, drug possession charges

stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mike Tyson arrested in Arizona on DUI, drug possession charges

December 29, 2006

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Mike Tyson was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of cocaine after police stopped him leaving a Scottsdale nightclub early Friday.

Sgt. Larry Hall said the heavyweight boxer was stopped after his car almost struck a sheriff's vehicle while leaving the club at about 1:45 a.m.

"He showed signs of impairment, and voluntarily submitted to field sobriety tests," said Hall, a member of the Buckeye Police Department who was working in the area as part of a holiday DUI task force.

Hall said Tyson was placed under arrest after "showing more signs of impairment" during the field sobriety tests.

Police subsequently searched Tyson and found cocaine on him and in his car.

No one else was with Tyson at the time, Hall said.

Tyson was booked at a Maricopa County sheriff's jail, and he was expected to have an initial appearance before a judge later Friday to determine bail, Hall said.

Comments

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

If he keeps this kind of behavior up, it could have a real negative effect on his career.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>image

If he keeps this kind of behavior up, it could have a real negative effect on his career. >>

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    This guy is beyond pathetic now. I can't believe at one time he made $350 million and was a top of the boxing world, but has pissed all of it away. The ultimate loser.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Kids, let this be a lesson to all of you.

Don't eat children image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    they should shoot this bozo and save the world from his antics.
  • Options

<< <i>This guy is beyond pathetic now. I can't believe at one time he made $350 million and was a top of the boxing world, but has pissed all of it away. The ultimate loser. >>

The guy looks to be headed to skid row in the future. At some point nobody is going to be interested in him, he will be much older
    with no prospects for the future. Prison or skid row seems to be his likely fate.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>At some point nobody is going to be interested in him >>

I think we have already been to that point, and passed it. He gets mentioned when he does something stupid like this, but his days as a boxer are well behind him, and fans stopped taking him seriously as one years ago.

It is a shame though, if you think back to how dominating this guy once was - and look at how far he has fallen.
  • Options

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I remember when the State of Indiana put this worthless maggot behind bars and was accused of being racist and/or having a racist judicial system. image
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    they should put him away before its to late. I can see him taking someone's life before he is done for good. hope im wrong
  • Options
    This should get a giggle out of everyone

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    I would have never expected this type of behavior from Mike. image
  • Options
  • Options
    I am no fan of Mike Tyson and his stupidity that is for sure...I am a law and order man to the fullest...

That being said, I have to admit, I am actually feeling bad for him!?? I know...I know...he only has
    himself to blame completely....that is absolutely true....but what a tragic story....He was at the top
    and now is getting near the bottom!! Truely a warning for humanity....yet how many times has
    this kind of play been written out before?

Oddly enough, I cannot but help think about another person who had all the wealth and power and
    totally lost it all.......ending in his execution....Saddam..........of course Tyson is no monstrous murderer
    but their sure is that common parrellel isn't there???

Whilst I am glad at Saddam's fate.....I can't help but feel a little sad for Mike who just seems hell bent
    on destroying the last vestiges of his once long ago great career.....

You truly do reap what you sow.....
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyson will be dead within 10 years unless imprisoned.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    He's bad for boxing, he's bad example for minorities and youth of the world, ...he's just a bad example of a human being period!

I hope they put him away for good before he hurts or kills someone!

rd

imageimage ------->>> let's not forget he's a convicted rapist also!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to him
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    The police report is available on thesmokinggun.com

I can't link the story due to graphic language and admitted drug use image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    When he was arrested was he wearing his Eagles gear?