Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Sellers: ever get a message from ebay limiting selling?

Sorry, this might be the wrong forum, but did any of you sellers out there get a message like this from ebay:

Attention Seller:
In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. At this time, you are limited in the number of items you can list in any 7 day period. If you have any additional questions about this subject, email us at Customer Support.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.

Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items

I'm in the middle of listing some items in my ebay store and this lame message pops up not allowing me to enter anymore items. I list manually, not using turbo lister. I listed or relisted around 50 items tonight. All PSA graded cards. My ebay account is always paid in full each month, I don't have any negative feedback or any other complaints against me either. I can't figure it out. I'm not listing replica jerseys or something like this. I'm listing PSA graded cards only. Strange!

I do enough volume each month to be a so-called power seller, but I haven't bothered to even join them since I think that power seller icon they give you is lame and see no other benefits in joining. I might have to join now in order to speak to a 'live' ebay rep and find out what's up.

This ever happen to any of you?

Rich

Comments

• Options
    Are you sure it came from ebay. I could be a bogus message. It does not list your name in the introduction and that is a red flag. Do not click on the reply link until you check if it is from ebay. You can forward the message to them at spoof@ebay.com and see what they tell you.
    Registry sets:
    1954 Topps BB
    1955 Bowman BB
    1956 Topps Super BB
    1957 Topps BB
    1969 Topps BB
    1984 Donruss BB
    1961 Fleer W.S. Pennants
    1960-62 Fleer Team Logo Decals Run
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I've been using ebay for almost 10 years and I've never heard of that.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I thought I have heard that if you receive a message from Ebay and it does not use your full name then it is not legit.
  • Options
    I'm in the middle of listing some items in my ebay store and this lame message pops up not allowing me to enter anymore items.

So this is not a spoof email, but rather a pop up message on the ebay website while entering items. Odd to say the least.

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've got those before, they were always bogus phishing scams. I only read ebay messages via my ebay in the messages section.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I know what phishing scam emails look like. I never respond to them of course just delete them. This seemed different. Maybe someone was able to hack into ebay's listing platform. It was just bizarre.

This was at the end of a listing I was working on. A new listing, not a relist. The message popped up limiting my items within a 7 day period and wouldn't allow me to enter this particular item (a PSA card). I had already listed and relisted 68 PSA card items on ebay prior to this message between 8-11pm on Thursday. Then it popped up. This pop up message wouldn't allow me to hit the enter buttom without the message reoccuring. Since I didn't have an ebay number to call, I just took a 15 min. break. Then I came back and was able to relist three items back into my ebay store with no problems. I didn't try to start a new listing to test it out again.

I'm going to do that now and see if I get the same message again. I'll let you know the results. Since my account is up to date and in good standing, I can't imagine why I would get this message. Like I said before, I've been on ebay for over 8 years and never saw a message like this before.

Rich
  • Options
    Ok guys, I tried to list something into my ebay store and got this message yet again:

Attention Seller:
    In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. At this time, you are limited in the number of items you can list in any 7 day period. If you have any additional questions about this subject, email us at Customer Support.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.

Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items

I'm calling customer service now as I found a number in my rolodex.

Rich
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Cardbender: Was the message also in your ebay messages when you log in??? If it is a valid message from ebay it will show up in your messages. If not I recommend sending to spoof@ebay.com or spam@ebay.com....don't remember the exact one but don't click on any links in the message.
  • Options
    Yes it happened to me once a couple years back. I had started a new ID and I got that same message.

When I called ebay they said that within the first 30 days you could only list so much (or maybe it was you needed to have a certain amount of feedback). Don't know if the policy has changed over the years, but yes I have seen that message.

hope this helps a little, TFCS
    Jeremy
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys. My user id has been the same for years too, so that must not be an issue either. The message didn't appear in my messages in myebay. It was within the listing platform. I don't think it was a spoof either.

I called cust. serv. 1 800 717-3229 , this number is mostly for buyers. I don't have a number for sellers. The rep couldn't help me out, in fact he couldn't even look at my account yet he was employeed at ebay. How strange is that? He told me to fill out the
    link attached to this selling interuption email and wait 24-48 hours for a response. Well, I already sent them one last night. I sent another just now.

I just tried to join the power sellers too. I think I'm a silver level. Who cares, right? I just joined to get a direct phone number to a rep that might be able to actually help me out. Until then, I guess I won't be listing any items.

Why in the world would a company not want to do business with
    a seller who has over 6500 positives and no negs, always pays their account in full each month and has no other disputes or issues pending at this time? It's time for me to dump my ebay stock.

Who knows what it is. I hope to find out before New Years hits.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the info guys. My user id has been the same for years too, so that must not be an issue either. The message didn't appear in my messages in myebay. It was within the listing platform. I don't think it was a spoof either.

I called cust. serv. 1 800 717-3229 , this number is mostly for buyers. I don't have a number for sellers. The rep couldn't help me out, in fact he couldn't even look at my account yet he was employeed at ebay. How strange is that? He told me to fill out the
    link attached to this selling interuption email and wait 24-48 hours for a response. Well, I already sent them one last night. I sent another just now.

I just tried to join the power sellers too. I think I'm a silver level. Who cares, right? I just joined to get a direct phone number to a rep that might be able to actually help me out. Until then, I guess I won't be listing any items.

Why in the world would a company not want to do business with
    a seller who has over 6500 positives and no negs, always pays their account in full each month and has no other disputes or issues pending at this time? It's time for me to dump my ebay stock.

Who knows what it is. I hope to find out before New Years hits.

Thanks,
    Rich >>

thats pretty crazy, hope it gets resolved.
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com
  • Options
    This problem did get resolved the following day after it first occured.
    I emailed my complaint thru the link provided in the listing interruption. The next day I got another email from ebay telling me the 'limit' was lifted. It was a typical generic form letter like ebay always uses. Of course the email didn't exactly state what rule I violated, but judging from what I was in the middle of listing, it could have been triggered because I was listing some Topps Tiffany PSA cards. The word 'Tiffany' in the title box must have sent a red flag to ebay about possible copyright infringement on that name.

So any sellers out there listing Topps Tiffany singles, beware: this could happen to you too.

Rich