Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Did I mess up?

I just re-upped my year's membership and receieved my 6 free graded voucher. Normally, I send everything to PSA the same way they send it back to me(Registered) but the woman at the Post Office convinced me that it only needed to go insured as it was not an expensive order. She was trying to be helpful but now I am freaking out because I wonder if it will still get there. Do I need to be worried? How do others send to PSA? Thanks
#1 2000 Blue Xceptional Set(and #2 and #3, it's a sickness)
1933 Giants

Comments

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    For my package I mailed off yesterday, I mailed them with Delivery Confirmation with no insurance and no Registered Mail. It depends on what your mailing. I mailed off 78 late 80's Topps Baseball Coins. They are almost worthless until they are graded, then PSA Registers the package back to me. I almost never send them to PSA under Registered Mail anymore. The delivery confirmation is just for my own piece of mind since PSA likes to wait 2 weeks to show your package as "received" sometimes.
  • mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I only use registered if the cards are high dollar(to me that is)
    I use Prioity mostly in hopes they will get there and graded sooner. I dont care for the loggin time either so DC would help you there.
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I actually had the same question.

I had free submissions for % completion on a set of mine and couldnt get to the post office so my fiance went for my since she is a teacher and has off all week. Anyhow, the woman at the post office did the same exact thing to her and talked her out of registering my package saying it was too much money, etc etc.

She mailed it first class with delivery confirmation and insurance too. I kinda thought it would be ok but still had a small level of concern since PSA states that they recommend all packages to be sent via registered and insured mail.

Im glad you asked the question Tunispaul and even more pleased to hear others have sent without registering without any problems.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I think you can relax fellas. I always ship USPS Priority (not Registered) with Delivery Confirmation. I have never had a problem (knock on wood) with delivery to PSA.

• << <i>I think you can relax fellas. I always ship USPS Priority (not Registered) with Delivery Confirmation. I have never had a problem (knock on wood) with delivery to PSA. >>

Sometimes I'll ship via registered when it is expensive. Other times, I'll just go with priority mail with insurance. But most of the time, I will do just like gosteelers mentioned - Priority mail with delivery confirm - it usually costs around $5, and never had a problem.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i use usps priority, insured (depending on amount)..never had a problem...yet.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    hmmm....that explains the unsolicited batch of 80's baseball coins that ended up in my office....
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Good news! Mailed my package on the 26th and PSA logged it in on the 28th. Thanks to all who gave me the confidence that it was going to get there OK image
    #1 2000 Blue Xceptional Set(and #2 and #3, it's a sickness)
    1933 Giants
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Have been using Priority Mail Delivery Confimation almost exclusivey and have insured only when the cards were pre 60 or high value.No Problems.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • I once sent my stuff with 30 something stamps to PSa's Costa Mesa address and they got it! Heck it was a "mechanical" (i.e. mislabling) problem that they needed to fix (again) and they got it!

Imagine being the Mail man on THAT route? You would need to be Lou Firigno and Bruce Jenner combined in order to carry all those packages down the street!

Just ask my mail man, whose always huffing and puffing just because I make him carry a few Ebay Brown envelope packages around the block and to my house for me. He so bad, that he now drives up INTO MY DRIVE WAY and delivers them personally to me. Even if it's just one card!!! Lazy. I felt so bad that I gave him two Silver Libertad Coins for X-Mas two years ago!

I also leave him Trail Mix laced with "kibbles and bits" near my Mail box, so he can nibble on some good nourishment 'hampster-style', when lugging around my Mcgwire cards in his blue pouch all day under a hot LA Sun!

One day, he started asking me "Questions" of why I get so much stuff, and I straight fronted on him saying that I was a big time EBayer who "buys stuff, grades it and them resells it." He was enthralled and then tried to sell me his Garage full of comics. For like $1000 dollars. I had to refuse him because at the time I was living on a couch.

Anyhow, He was a nice guy.

So, oh yeah, trust the Postal Service.
  • One word of caution for those not sending things registered. Insure it, even if it's for a small amount. The reason we recommend Registered Mail is that we feel it is the safest way to send packages. Registered packages are signed for by everyone who takes possession of the package. I've also heard that if a registered package comes up missing the postal inspectors are brought in right away. I'm sure there are postal workers on this forum that could shed better light on this service.

I know we've gotten swamped at times and have experienced delays in entering your orders but if you have some type of tracking number associated to the package, we can at least let you know it's in our building. If there is no registered number we'll use the insurance number or delivery confirmation number, etc.

While we are on the subject of being swamped....

Over the last few months I've gotten calls, PM's, e-mails from people who didn't mark their packages saying to me "I never write the service level on the outside of the package and I've never had a problem before with delays". If we are not backed up, this will not be a problem but when we do get backed up, known guaranteed services will be entered before the unknown, unmarked packages. I suggest everyone get in the habit of doing this because you never know when those times might hit and you won't be making that call.

Carol

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    when I send in large subs, with higher values, it is cheaper to send registered. My last sub, it was half the price to send it registered.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with the Republican in Mass- once you hit about $1100 or so in insurance it's cheaper to send it registered.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's