Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1000 FEEDBACK GIVEAWAY (--Winners in last post--)

I reached 1000 feedback on eBay just before Christmas, so there has been a little delay in posting this.

To celebrate I will be giving away the following three coins:

HERE IS HOW THE GIVEAWAY WILL WORK:

One winner will be selected from CU Forums
One winner will be selected from the 24HourForums
One winner will be selected from either the 24Hour or CU forum

The selection will NOT be random, I will select winners based on the quality of their posts and will be looking for interesting posts, funny posts or coin photos I like. You may enter for yourself or a YN that you know (if you are a YN please say so in your entry).

Once three winners have been selected I will place their names in a hat and draw a first, second and third place winner at random. Winners will then select which coin they want from the photo above. In the event that a winner does not PM me his or her selection within 24 hours of my sending a PM to that winner, that person will be passed over and the next place winner will be allowed to select from the photo above. In the event that two or more winners fail to make a selection in the 24 hours allowed, I will make the selections and ship the coins.

GOOD LUCK!

HINT: To increase you chances of winning, consider posting in BOTH the CU Forum and the WORLD COIN FORUM ON 24HourForums.com
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and those are some killer DS coins! #2 is mighty fine image
  • Options
    Thanks for the generous giveaway Aethelred. As I stated in the 24Hour site, I only own a few non US coins and they are simple Chinese cash coins. The good folks here at CU World Coin Forum were nice enough to point me in the right direction to identify these coiins given to me by my father (his first wife was from China). It took awhile but after some searching, deciphering of Chinese characters and such, I was able to identlify them as follows; I have another one that is set in a 14K gold bezel to be worn as a necklace, but I still haven't identified that one yet.

imageimage
    Dynasty: Ch'ing (1644 - 1911 a.d.)
    Emperor: Te Tsung (1875-1908 a.d.)
    Reign Title: Kuang Hsu (1875-1908 a.d.)

imageimage
    Emperor: Jen Tsung (1796-1820 a.d.)
    Reign Title: Chia Ch'ing (1796-1820 a.d.)

imageimage
    Emperor: Sheng Tsu (1661-1722 a.d.)
    Reign Title: Kang Hsi (1661-1722 a.d.)

Not the most interesting or funny post and the photos aren't outrageous but I happen to personally like the coins. They have a history within the family as they were obviously important enough for my Dad's first wife to want to keep. She died in 1960 or so at a young age (leukemia) and I am honored that my dad trusted me with them.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This space reserved for when I come up with something clever to say. I hope this giveaway is gonna run for a while.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been eliminated based on the mere qualifications... interesting posts? No... Funny? No... Good Photos? No...

imageimage

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This space reserved for when I come up with something clever to say. I hope this giveaway is gonna run for a while. >>

It will run for a while, but not forever!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This space reserved for when I come up with something clever to say. I hope this giveaway is gonna run for a while. >>

It will run for a while, but not forever!image >>

Now if Lord Marcovan had said that I would have to think he would forget about it. (He has before)
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

If it runs for even half as long as it takes the Walking Skeleton to ship items, we're in for a very long wait!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ttt

The end is near!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Please enter me (YN) (dont count this as my post... im not at my comp, just thought I'd put my foot in lol) Ill put pics and a better post when i am at my comp. Thanks
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will select winners based on the quality of their posts >>

I couldn't think of anything that would qualify image. But congratulations on the milestone and Happy New Year! (Please don't construe this as an entry....How about an extra entry for any YN posting?)

• Options
    WINNERS:

From CU: Smokinjoe925

From 24HourForum: DesertRat

Random Winner: Stork

In the drawing of the three winners the picking order is:

1. Stork
    2. DesertRat
    3. SmokinJoe

Stork, please make a selection by midnight on Wednesday.image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    Hey, mine was supposed to be a not-entry! I guess I have to post something too...so here are some old and fuzzy pictures of one of my all-time favorite medals--it always reminds me of doing a c-section for some reason imageimageimage. This year the medal is very appropriate for my New Years Eve activities (everyone ended up being a tax deduction though, no firsties until after I went home). Thank you Old Dead King, as I celebrate the opposite of Death:

It's a three peice/6 sided medal (hard to display!!!)

OBVERSE:image

REVERSE:image

which open up to the inside sides (whatever they may be called):

which then has the oh-so-cute removable fetus/baby:

• Options
    Cool coin arrived today! Thanks Aethelred image

Cathy