Home Metal Detecting

Getting in on the fun

I recieved my first detector yesterday as a Christmas gift and i am excited to get started. It is a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 and from what i can see it got pretty good reviews. I have never done any metal detecting before in my life but took it in the back yard for about 45 minutes and found two modern pennies, a pull tab, a scrap from a mowed over pop can, a live bullet, and an old nail. Nothing very exciting but it was great to me. I can already tell that i am going to need a pin pointer. Any idea where to get one cheap? I found one on ebay for about 50 buckswith buy it now, is this the going rate? Anyone want to sell a good conditioned used one? Either way i look foward to finding some good coins and jewelry and sharing some of my finds.
My baseball and MMA articles-
http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey

Comments

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.

I paid $99 for my VibraProbe new.
  • I have an Automax V2 from Kellyco. If you get one of their catalogs you will see it in a couple of places in the book, one price around $100, and another at $59, didn't make sense to me either but I got one for the lesser price.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • thanks for the replies. It seems weird that the pinpointers are so expensive, I mean im using a 200 dollar main detector so im a little hesitant to spend 60-100 on the pinpointer alone. Ill get one at some point but im in no rush. My backyard used to be a stable around the turn of the century so this morning ive found some more random poles and shaped metal pieces as well as a buckle on a horse harness, and two more pennies. Im having a blast.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Welcome!!!
  • ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro