Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Is Metallica still in rehab?

Anyone know? Will they tour again in '07?

Comments

• SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    whoops...sorry...I think I'm in the wrong newsgroup...
  • I thought James just got outta rehab.....
    I saw them last year and once again they always put on a helluva show. Wish i could say the same about the most recent album.

• they are all clean and working on new material - if im not mistaken i believe they are also working with he same guy that produces slayer as well
    so if everything goes smooth u prob will see a tour summer/fall 07
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I thought James just got outta rehab.....
    I saw them last year and once again they always put on a helluva show. Wish i could say the same about the most recent album. >>

IMO they've sucked since the Black album. When you plug in Ride the Lightning, or Puppets, or Justice, then listen to some of that new crap, you just can't believe it's the same band.

• << <i>
    IMO they've sucked since the Black album. When you plug in Ride the Lightning, or Puppets, or Justice, then listen to some of that new crap, you just can't believe it's the same band. >>

i agree 100% - the black album was the begining of the end for them - like rob zombie said "u know something is wrong when ur sister, who listens to depeche mode, wants to borrow ur metallica cd" - IMO the best thing they did since the black album was the garage inc project - lol figures too b/c that was all covers
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • Can also agree. Although i really enjoy the S&M album for a long road trip.

• SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    agreed, bengineno9...my PSA Message Board handle is a play on that album's title...since I assumed PSA would not be too thrilled with S&M as my member nickname!
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    IMO they've sucked since the Black album. When you plug in Ride the Lightning, or Puppets, or Justice, then listen to some of that new crap, you just can't believe it's the same band. >>

i agree 100% - the black album was the begining of the end for them - like rob zombie said "u know something is wrong when ur sister, who listens to depeche mode, wants to borrow ur metallica cd" - IMO the best thing they did since the black album was the garage inc project - lol figures too b/c that was all covers >>

That is exactly what I thought!!
  • And Justice for all...

Very fun listening through and through.

-Scott
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    yeaaaaah yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

off to never never land
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    alcoholica is currently weeping and reminiscing the days when they all simply got along and treated each other "nice"....

sniff sniff

what a bunch of pu$$ies

julen
    RIP GURU
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Their S&M album pales in comparison to truly innovative orchestra metalers such as Therion, Nightwish, Maudlin of the Well etc. That documentary on them was the funniest thing I have ever seen, you couldn't get more Spinal Tappish if it was scripted.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Morgoth:

Don't forget Symphony X and Ayreon. image

Scott
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Finally someone who may know where my ID came from
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set