Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Cards stuck to cardsavers due to heat or pressure

Have not posted on this board in a long time.

Anyone know of any ideas for modern day cards stuck inside cardsavers? I've bought a few nice cards for next to nothing that are worhless unless I can extract them without the card "picking" its coating and ink onto the cardsaver.

Seller left the group bound together within individual cardsavers and left in very hot confines with disastrous result.

I bought them since I have solved the same problem for decks of cards that are stuck together. That is , I can unstick trading cards that are stuck together. I have not tried my trick on the plastic yet, but I don't think the chemistry involved makes the same sense with plastic

Plastic stuck to a card is a whole 'nother ballgame and I don't know if it can be done successfully.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    Oh... and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year, too.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Well, I've heard some folks say that putting cards in the freezer helps to unstick high gloss cards from eachother. It might work with the cardsaver too.

Just make sure that you cut the edges off of the card saver before you try to extract the card.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Place a label on top of the lip with a graded and description and you will have your own "slab". image
    Wondo

• Options
    Cold is good. EXTREME cold is even better for cards that are stuck together (as in > -200 deg. C.). I have substantial experience in this approach. I don't know if this will work for plastic stuck to cards. I'm thinking it won't work as the mediums are not identical. It is what I am going to try if I don't hear a better answer.

Thanks for the input.

Oyster
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    if they are already in cardsavers, label them and send to psa in a submission. see if they can get them out without damaging... image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06