Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Can someone shed some light here?

I was checking the T206 registry after adding some cards, and just looking at another members set and I saw this?

He has an Honus Wagner PSA 5 in his set, and it says there is only 1 graded and none higher, which made me think.

the Gretzky Wagner may not be registered into the system since it's the highest grade PSA 8. Acording to the registry the PSA 5 grade is the highest?

wagner PSA 5 none higher?
Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!

Comments

• Variation maybe?
  • The set that has the PSA 8 is here.

It too shows the PSA 8 is a 1 of 1 with none higher. It does, however, have McNall/Gretsky on the flip, so maybe it is outside the pop report?

Doug
  • Not only does he have the Wagner check out the cards in all of his sets. Some real nice high grade vintage.
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    That HOF T206 set is just sick. That's starting to get into the category of museum masterpieces rather than pieces of old cardboard. Amazing.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I would love to see a scan of the PSA 10 in that 1st set.

The colors on this one (the set with the PSA 8 Wagner) are amazing:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • the psa pop report has the gretzky wagner listed seperatly from the rest of the wangers (its listed as "McNALL/GRETZKY" variation ) so thats prob why it doesnt show up as higher then the (5)
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Actually, pop reports are screwed up in the set registry on a number of sets. I know '40 Play Ball, one of the Dodgers Bell Brand sets, and one other pre-war set whose name escapes me at the moment have incorrect pop reports showing for some cards. I'm sure there are others that I just haven't seen.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.