Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I did a "What if", and the results are staggering!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
In my Complete Dimes Criculation strikes 1796-Date I did the "What if" and all I can say is that is some set!

To start out, the first 8 Dimes would ALL be unique pop (1/0) and all over $100,000 and thats just the PCGS price guides which I think would be about 25-30% too low if any of these coins were to be brough to auction. Could you imagine a 1796 PCGS MS67 (1/0)? image I would like to know who owns this coin.

The list of Dimes that are unique pop (1/0) where too many to count, but if I were to aquire all of them and up-grade all of my current Dimes in my set (And there is a truck load of them too) to 456 pop tops I would need (Drum roll please)

$6,928,300.00! image

But like I said, that would be probably 2/3rds of what I would really need to do this set. My best guess would be around 10M.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Wow. Thats a lot of money for $50 of face value.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needless to say there won't be very many zeros in the right hand pop column in my set!image

But I sure do like the coins I have!imageimage

It will be a major accomplishment to complete this set in any grade.

If I had bill gates' money I would go for pop tops Paul. Or maybe go for the complete us set in nice grades. Talk about your what ifs.

He has given away (2 billion) to aids research, enough to buy the complete set. He could probably buy every top pop of every coin ever minted and still be the richest man in the world.

Oh well, back to earth and my AU dimes.image

Jon
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman:

Anyone with knowledge into coins knows that money is not an issue. Finding the coins IS. I'm sure that if I had 50Mil. that I would not be able to find all of these Dimes. Not all of them have been around. Some I'm sure are in Stong Hands and haven't seen the light of day in Decades.

Just finishing this set is half the battle, the other half would be getting coins that are above PO01 and FR02. You may have to resort to these grades just to afford to complete the set.

You do have a nice 1796 in GO08. I'm sure thats a beauty.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stooge,

Hey, my 1796 is VG not G!imageimage

And if money was no object, I could wrap this set up in a couple of years. Some of them would be hard to find, but I know right now I know where I could get both of the 1804's and the 1873-CC and the 1822 and the 1802, which are several of the tuff ones.

My ship will have to come in for me to get coins like those.

But I am trudging(sp) along.imageimage

Jon
  • USCGCraigUSCGCraig Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
    I tell you having Bill Gate's money will not allow you to put togther a VF-AU barber Half set in a short amount of time. Those coins are just not available either in unmolested condition.
    Coast Guard Craig

Looking for Denmark 1874 20-Kroner. Please offer.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman:

I'm sorry for undergrading your coin. I would love to own a 1796 VG08.

What you don't get is this set is doable if you had all the $$$ in the world, what I was speaking of was completing it in top-pops which if you had a billion dollars it would be impossible. That is unless you put out an A.P.B. requesting the coins at 10x's book. Then you would have quite a few takers I'm sure.

Its fun to dream ain't it?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.