Home Metal Detecting
Options

Dec 23rd hunt

I got out for a couple of hours on Saturday at a High School. I hunted in an area about 15 yards long between 2 back doors along a sidewalk. I made 3 back and forth trips and came up with 6 quarters, 18 dimes, 2 nickels and 185 pennies and a handfull of pulltabs. I think this was another one of the penny throw-a-way areas. I'm sure that I didn't get all of them. In one area they were so thick that I just started poking my screwdriver in the ground and hitting them with out the detector sounding for each one. I wish they would have been quarters. Most of the pennies were eaten up. I'll let the tumbler clean them up.

Comments

• Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Hello. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. If possible, could you post some before and after pics of
    coins that you've put in the tumbler? I'd like to see the results.
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't have a camera. Awile back a member had some before and after pictures that made a believer out of me. I use sand and a couple of drops of dish soap and let it run for 12-24 hrs. Seperate the clad from the pennies. Makes the clad look alot better.