Home Metal Detecting
Options

Eyeball find---Cell Phone

I was on a 7 mile road walk on Tuesday (19th) and found a Verision cell phone. It had been covered with snow that had melted. I didn't know if it worked or not but it did turn on. It had one battery line left. The last call had been made on the 2nd of Dec. I showed the phone to my wife and we were going to call the last number called and then decided that might not be a good idea for us. You don't know what it might have beeen used for. I turned it in to the local City Marshall and let him take care of it. I haven't heard from him yet. I also found a Craftsman socket adapter on that walk. I let you know what the Marshall has to say if he gets back with me.

Comments

• Options
    CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    All you have to do is take the phone to any Verizon dealer and they just pull the battery out
    and look at the serial numbers under it. They just put in the number and up comes the
    owner of the phone.
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Over the years I have eyeballed 3 cellphones.

They don't hold up very well in wet weather.
  • Options
    I took my cell phone on a canoe trip one day. As I rounded a bend in the river the 2 guys ahead of me tried going through a "hole" in a huge pine tree that had blown over and fallen into the water. There was no place for us to go when suddnely they became stuck and flipped over. My son tried grabbing onto a branch and in doing so he flipped us too. So there I stood almost up to my shoulders in water and my cell phone in my inside breast pocket in my jacket. It would do everything but dial 8's and 0's which meant I couldn't call home or the shop(or anywhere else) because both numbers had 8's and 0's.
    I also learned that the next time my phone got wet I would report it as lost. Never report your phone as stolen bevause then you must file a police report stating it was stolen. lost is lost and that's the end of that.
    There is a little sticker inside where the battery is and if it shows red or green or any other color than white it is an indicator the phone was in a wet environment.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    would finding a stumblebum drunkard face down in the ditch qualify for an "eyeball find"?

I've found them a few times. They were rewarded with 3 hots and a cot.