Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

World coin albums...

Besides Dansco, do you know of other firms producing archival quality albums for Darkside material? Tell us what exists and where to find it.

Thanks!
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea... I recall seeing the old Blue Whitman Bookshelf album for a Victorian Type set. Whitman did some Canadian but beyong that I have not seen anything

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there are albums made in many countries for their own coins. I just haven't seen any that were "archival quality", but they must exist.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    I've been looking for archival quality Canadian albums for a while, but have only found two choices - new Gardmaster albums which I am not sure are that "archival" and gently used Whitman albums from years ago since Whitman doesn't appear to sell them new anymore...
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I have purchased some nice Euro albums from Numiscom in Germany.

Euro Album

I also have a World Coin starter set for kids that has been fairly popular. Comes with 50 coins from 50 different countries.

World Coin Starter Album image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    That's a tough question.... I keep my coins in Saflips in "pages" because there doesn't seem to be anything else that's close.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Randy Miller
    Chief Coin & Supply Co.
    P.O. Box 254
    Oshkosh, WI
    54903-0254

Dave (DBSTrader) has posted this seller's address several times. He carries a large range of mainly blue Whitman albums in brand new or used condition, most of which are no longer in production. I have bought 3 brand new from him, still in their original outer plastic film ,#9520 (4 pages), Victoria Type 1837-1901 as well as #9516 and #9517 (20th century British type set).You 'll need to call him to see what he has in stock and order.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have one of those Victoria Type Whitmans. (Back before I had a daughter named Victoria).

I wouldn't mind having one of those again one day.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.