Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Scans = bonus points

I dont know if this has been brought up before.

I was thinking it would be good to get bonus points for having scans in your sets. I know I like to see sets that have nice scans. Its kinda boring just looking at lines and such.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    or at least to help break ties. ie a set with scans trumps a set minus scans trumps a hidden set.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I spent a ton of time scanning cards for my 57 set. I removed the certs and crop them down to size. You can view all the cards in my set without max and min the pictures. I actually look at the pics more than the cards since they are not kept where I spend most of my time.
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options

I agree with you completely that to break ties, open sets should trump closed sets, and sets with scans should trump sets without scans. If you look at the standings for the 1990-91 Fleer All-Stars (Basketball) you will see that the top five all-time finest sets are all 100% complete with a perfect 10.0 GPA, and they are all closed! There is no need to keep perfect sets closed, but for some reason these sets are kept closed. Unfortunately no one else will ever have chance to be on the first page of the all-time finest list, because no set could ever be better than the listed sets. It would be nice if someone who takes the time to add scans to their set could be listed on the first page, instead having the complete first page with closed sets.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea Matt.

But more importantly than scans are eloquent "Owner's Comments", such as

<< <i>I just realized Im hungry. I think I will make a toaster strudel. >>

Information like that should automatically move you into the Top 5 "All-Time Finest" for the set in question, regardless of the set's true rating. image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like the idea Matt.

But more importantly than scans are eloquent "Owner's Comments", such as

<< <i>I just realized Im hungry. I think I will make a toaster strudel. >>

Information like that should automatically move you into the Top 5 "All-Time Finest" for the set in question, regardless of the set's true rating. image >>

Tom, You read my mind image

Have a great Christmas
  • Options
    I think that autograph collections definitely need to be scanned primarily because each card is unique unto itself. I have a Basketball Hall Of Fame Autograph collection and scanned in every card that I have listed.To me it seems boring to have a card autographed with no scan. Unlike regular issue sets where the card listed looks the same in each collectors set these cards and sigs can vary from set to set.
  • Options
    I've read a few times that people remove certs from the cards before posting scans of them in the registry. Why is that? Just curious.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    To prevent scammers from stealing them and using them in bogus auctions.
  • Options
    Since I have scans on all of mine I'm all for it!
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    I'm slowly adding pictures for all of my sets along with adding some info about each player and what he did that season with the team. I think it really adds to the registry.