Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question for 1966 Topps Baseball Experts

I just got a recent PSA submission results posting and among the cards I had graded was a 1966 checklist card, #444. In checking the pop report on this card (listed on results posting as 1966 TOPPS 444 CHECKLIST 430-506 456 IS R. SOX ROOKIES) this is the only one graded with the Red Sox Rookies variation...PSA 8, the one and only graded example. Is this just a new variation that PSA is now listing for this checklist or is this a true rarity? Thanks for any information on this.

Comments

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Must be that PSA is just now listing the variation. The R. Sox Rookies is actually more common than the Red Sox Rookies variation (SCD price is $7.50 for the R. Sox and $9.00 for the Red Sox).
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i check the pop report for 1966 each week and download into an excel spreadsheet. about two months ago my rows did not line up and i noticed that they had put in this variation. about a month prior to that they had a new entry on the third series checklist with a large print vs. small print variation. at this time 5 of the 7 checklists in this set have some sort of variation.

i only collect psa 9's or 10's in that set so i don't know if it has a significant value in psa 8. but it sure is a rarity at this point.

good luck
  • Options
    PSA is just listing new varieties.
    Keeps us on our toes.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    fuzz,
    i think they make up these variations to make it more difficult for you to complete that 1966 master set! image
  • Options
    Since the '66 experts are here.....anyone got an extra PSA 8 or higher Luis Tiant card? image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    i have a 9. i believe the #2 man in the registry has the 10. once was a hard card to find in 9, but the last two 9's sold for under $65.
  • Options
    theczar,

You looking to sell the 9? I'm down to the '66, '68, '69 and a couple of the 80's cards to finish the set.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    i need to keep mine. i am plugging along toward 75% for my registry. if you send me your email i will pass it along to someone who may have duplicates.

by the way i love your ricky gervais icon. i watched The Office Christmas special on saturday. what a great series. The American version is ok, but nowhere near the original. the british version ranks up there with Fawlty Towers.
  • Options
    Yes, the UK version of The Office is a masterpiece, in my eyes. I love that series. I had never watched a British television series of any sort (aside from Benny Hill image ) until that one and I just loved it.

Anyways, my e-mail is SCMAuctions@aol.com and I'd appreciate it if you pass it along to anyone that might have the Tiant's that I'm missing ('66 and '69...got the '68). Thanks!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards