Home Stamps Forum
Options

Sport Stamps

I have very little knowledge about stamps and have a question. Will the sports stamps ever be worth anything in the stamp collecting market? Also is rarity and age a factor?.........thanks.....Rob
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
(If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately, most topical stamps will not rise in value. Of course this is good for people building topical collections.

Rarity and age do play a part in value as does condition when getting into higher values. In general, most stamps do not get into higher values unless you look into pre-1900 issues.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I was curious about information on the stamps. I am thinking of framing them as a nice office piece. Who knows maybe someday they will be collectable.....
  • Options
    There is one sports stamp with a little umph to it. Scott 855, issue of 1938-39. Baseball. Framing your stamps..assuming they are sheets?...
    isn't a bad idea at all for marketing outside the stamp realm. I've framed stamps pertaining to the Civil War and have sold them at a Civil War re-enactment.

Jerry
  • Options
    Where can a person find that early sport stamp?
  • Options
    You shouldn't have any problem. Check your PM.

Jerry
  • Options
    Thanks Jerry.......checking it out now.....
  • Options
    Hey, wake up!

If you were going to get one this would be it. I thought sure you would have wanted it when I PMed you...lol. It's not the most attractive stamp ever issued.

Lot nr. 4

Jerry
  • Options
    Jerry I seen it but had to hold off at this time to work on another set..........I do have my eyes open.......go for it.
  • Options
    Hey, I won it!

Jerry