Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Thank you "anonymous coin dealer"

I recieved a coin in the mail yesterday, a 1969-D MS66FB Roosie. A supprise for sure as I had no idea it was coming. This was a single coin in a blue PCGS box with a note included. The note said, anonymous coin dealer, merry Christmas.
Needless to say I was stunned, I have been trying to make/locate a FB 69-D for my set for the better part of three years. I guess the bands on my submissions were just not bold enough to make the grade.
At first I tried to figure out who had sent it. But then I decided if they had wanted me to know they would have told me.
So, for your kindness to an old geezer, I thank you Mr. "anonymous coin dealer"
And I want to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas.
And the same wishes go out to all members and the hard working staff of the PCGS forums. image
Dan

Comments

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    ...so very cool! Happy holidays!
  • LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tis the season...image
  • Well, I guess I can still have hope that an "anonymous coin dealer" is going to send a 63-D lincoln in 66RD to me by Christmas Day! image

Dan50,

That's what Christmas is all about. See, dealers ARE good people. image Congrats on finally acquiring that coin.
  • Congratulations Dan. Some Dealer out here deserves a HUGE BRAVO. Toby don't hold out
    to Long on Christmas Santa may be to tired after delivering all those new toys. Just keep serching
    those original rolls or checking your local shops for high grade examples. You never know you may
    hit pay dirt.image
    Mike.

Someday REAL American HERO's will be on our Coins.
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>kindness to an old geezer >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

<< <i>I recieved a coin in the mail yesterday, a 1969-D MS66FB Roosie. A supprise for sure as I had no idea it was coming. This was a single coin in a blue PCGS box with a note included. The note said, anonymous coin dealer, merry Christmas. >>

imageimage

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    WOW Whats going on here??? I just recieved a 1988-P MS67FB in the mail, an upgrade for my 66FB.
    This coin came from Nick with a note saying an anonymous person bought the coin and told him to send it to me. Again I am truly thankful, and amazed that I am the recipient of such generosity. I now know its true, "give and you shall recieve".
    Be sure all coins replaced in my set will continue to go to a deserving and struggling collector. image
    Dan
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, maybe I should wish for a 1969 in 66!imageimage

Jon
    Dan:

You are not going to believe this, but that "Anonymous" coin dealer struck my mail box today!!!image I just received a 1972-D MS66FB and that too is an up-grade for my set.

Thankyou very much to whom ever he is!

Merry X-Mas!!!
    Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Nice Stooge...was that an upgrade from a MS65FB? image

hint, hint...*cough-are you selling-cough*image

<< <i>Nice Stooge...was that an upgrade from a MS65FB? image

hint, hint...*cough-are you selling-cough*image >>

The 72-D is not for sale...sorry.

It is Yours for X-mas! Along with a 73 Roosie I have.

Here is what I will send you:

1972-D MS65FB #21685823
    1973 MS64FB #21297363

Just PM me your address!

Merry X-mas,
    Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Wow, something crazy is going on image That has to be a good feeling. Some anonymous dealer is a great person.
    I have a feeling the Domino Effect has been started....image
  • How cool is that ?
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    If this anonymous dealer is reading this thread, I need a 1965 SMS Kennedy in DCAM.

Russ, NCNE
  • That is way cool. Dan, you deserve it, you are a real stand up guy.
  • Pay it forward!

Garrow
  • Very cool . . . Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all!!!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are good people all around here, but I will have to say that the Roosie collectors seem to band together the most and are very nice, as well as generous!

Nick, and this "anonymous dealer", are definitely tops!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    Thats a wonderful Xmas story....The spirit of Christmas is alive!!!!

I just hope Budweiser doesnt come out with another one of their jerky commercials like "mr. anonymous coin dealer guy"

Congrats....sometimes the things you are looking for are right under your nose image
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"
    Yes, Roosie collectors are tops, and this includes dealers who do not believe it's beneath them to deal in clad coinage. image
    Dan
    Indeed...Mr. Santallus sent some mail and it arrived today.

Now I'm feeling like a schmuck because I have nothing to "pay it forward...or backward" with.

At least not right now anyway image

Thanks Paul..image

<< <i>Now I'm feeling like a schmuck because I have nothing to "pay it forward...or backward" with. >>

Drizzt I've never recieved, or given a coin that had expectations or strings attached.
    Someday you will look through your coins and see something that you don't need. Just ask yourself then, who could use a pick-me-up, who would love to have such and such a coin.
    When you study a series you can see who has no trouble climbing the registry ladder. But there are also some that have trouble making/buying decent coins for their set. YN collectors is always a good place to start. Most have low grade coins, and really are very thankful for help they get.
    And remember some are able to give more than others. Just do what you can, when you can, and you WILL feel good about it. I can promise you that.
    Dan

<< <i>Indeed...Mr. Santallus sent some mail and it arrived today.

Now I'm feeling like a schmuck because I have nothing to "pay it forward...or backward" with.

At least not right now anyway image

Thanks Paul..image >>

When I read this, I actually laughed outload at my computer. I have been called alot of things, but never "Mr. Santallus" imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Glad you enjoy the coins...Oh ya what Dan60 says too!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image All this just makes me feel warm inside. Thanks for sharing image

Ken
    Again I have been visited by the Roosie Coin Fairy. Yes, the same one I owe thanks to for the 1988-P MS67FB.
    This trip he left an "unbelievably" tough to come by coin. It's, hold onto your seat so you don't fall off like I did, a fantastic 1982 no P in MS65FB.
    This coin pushed me into the top ten, and leaves me only 2 coins shy of 100%. image
    In return for this kindness toward me, I want to thank whom-ever Mr. anonymous may be.
    Also...
    May you never be less happy than I am at this moment.
    May your dog never have fleas.
    May all your coins always come back a grade higher than you expected.
    May your local gas station never raise prices above $2.00 a gallon.
    May all your family outings have perfect weather.
    May your children think doing drugs means taking an aspirin.
    May your house never need painting, your car never have a flat tire, and your wife increase 2 bra sizes without gaining any weight.

Dan
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Dan, If anyone deserves a nice jesture from a stranger it's you. Ole St Nick strikes again!!!!!!
    Dan,

Thats an incredible and generous gift. Are you friends will Bill Gates and you just didn't tell any of us? image Now all we need to do is find one for Keith LaBrozzi!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
    Well Bill and I came to an understanding a few years ago. We agreed he would not collect Roosies, and in return he could have my half of the company.
    Yeah I know, I made out like a bandit. image
    Dan