Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1965 Presidents and Famous Americans

I am trying to complete my low to mid grade 1965 Embossed Presidents and Famous Americans set.

I am missing:

44 Frank Lloyd Wright

I can PayPal funds or, if you would like to trade, I have these to offer:

02 John Adams
04 James Madison
06 John Quincy Adams
09 William H. Harrison
10 John Tyler
15 James Buchanan
17 Andrew Johnson
19 Rutherford B. Hayes
23 Benjamin Harrison
27 Woodrow Wilson
29 Calvin Coolidge
32 Harry S. Truman
34 John F. Kennedy
35 Lyndon B. Johnson
40 Albert Einstein

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    What are singles from this set worth? I have a handful of them and have not followed the sale prices of them. I will look and see if I have any you need...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Greg,

When the set sells at a whole it does pretty well. When singles come up, depending on condition, they usually sell for $1 or $2 each.

Here is an example

I appreciate you taking the time to look.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Options
    I found a small stack of them and did not have any that you need. But I am pretty sure I have some more somewhere - can't for the life of me figure out where. If I find them I will let you know if I had any you need... Have you thought of sending any in for grading? They look really neat in the big PSA holders...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Greg,

The cards I have are not submission worthy but I do own a few that are in slabs.

If anyone wants to see what they look like already graded, you can click here.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Best wishes,
    Michael
  • Options
    Thanks for the thread and the link. I collect a lt of stuff from this era but had newver seen or heard of this set.
    It looks like it will alos have to go on my list to start soon.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    Fuzz,

There is a starter lot on ebay now: 1965 Presidents but you might want to wait until a full set comes along as picking up singles has proven to be difficult.

Have I seen your name as a bidder for PSA graded 1965 Embossed Baseball? If so, do you have a set on the registry?

Michael
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Singles are difficult. There was a guy who had picked up a collection of cards in a box a few years back and, at the bottom of the box, were enough singles of this issue to put together 7 or 8 sets in pristine condition. I picked up the last one he had about a year or two ago - I think the last sets he offered went for around 75 bucks a piece. I don't think you could get anywhere near a complete set in singles for that amount today.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Michael,
    Thanks for the heads up on the lot, but I am really hoping for either a 7+ or an 8+ set depnding on pricing. I am assuming the availability to be bad. I have picked up a few of the BB version here only when I felt they were priced well. I did bid on the Mastronet set but apparently noy high enough. I am not sure if my set is listed and from the looks of it, I think so but it is not up to date and is well disguised to keep Mr. Crandell off base a bit.
    Mark,
    I was thinking multiples at of that price for a nice set if one we to ever come available. I am sorry that I missed those.

I am most familiar with non-sport sets through the wrappers and boxes that I have collected over the years. Rarely though have I collected much of the way of cards from those sets. I do not remember this wrapper, though honestly I have not looked recently. Do we know how these were issued? I was collecting in 65 and do not remember seeing them then.

Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    I'm bringing this thread back to the top because I am down to needing one last card.

• Options
    Which card do you need?
  • Options

<< <i>Which card do you need? >>

44 Frank Lloyd Wright