Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Andy Madec - Is he still in business?

I won a card from Andy on eBay in November and tried to contact him via email and phone. No response since early November. Is he still in business? Is he ill? What gives????

Comments

• cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I saw Andy in person at the Sun-Times show. So as of Nov. 18th he was still with us and in business. Sorry you're having trouble reaching him. I emailed him about something in early Nov. too and never got a response. When I asked at the show about it, he said he rarely answers emails. He didn't explain why. He might have closed his offices for the holidays too. Does he have anything listed on ebay now? If he does, try reaching him thru 'question to seller' link. Good luck reaching him.
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I emailed him about something in early Nov. too and never got a response. When I asked at the show about it, he said he rarely answers emails >>

Nothing like top notch quality customer service!

aconte
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Nothing like top notch quality customer service!

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • I bought a card from his website on Nov 6th.
    When I still had not received the card on Dec 6th I sent an email.
    A week later I received a reply that the card had already been sold and my Paypal payment would be refunded.
    It is now 3 weeks later and still NO refund... Unbelievable!!

Regards, Jeff
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought a card from his website on Nov 6th.
    When I still had not received the card on Dec 6th I sent an email.
    A week later I received a reply that the card had already been sold and my Paypal payment would be refunded.
    It is now 3 weeks later and still NO refund... Unbelievable!!

Regards, Jeff >>

I had a similar situation, as their website allows you to "checkout" and purchase a card even if it was already sold previously...I mean if you are going to have the whole checkout cart thing going, you might want to code your database when you sell one of the cards...I did get a refund fairly quickly though.

Also, I won a card in their most recent auction, and received it within a week or so after the auction ended with no issues..

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Don't know why CU administrator would delete my post here showing Andy's Web link, Phone, FAX, email, etc.

I was just trying to help, by showing that he does not seem to be ill and is active. Did you pull my post because u thought it to be an advertisment for Andy?

If so, that seems pretty silly, as a fellow CU poster was concerned about a seller, either being ill, or out of business, so I responded, with Andy Madec's link, email & numbers, so what was the problem with that?

rd

edit: or was it because I mentioned that Andy had some great items? If that's the problem, sorry! image
  • DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    I spoke to Andy a couple of weeks ago.

I would suggest calling him up.

Jim
  • poolpool Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I paypal'ed for a card on ebay, 12/11.
    So far, no card, no response to email.

• I have done alot of business with Andy in the past through Ebay and his auctions. I have never had a delivery problem before. I won an Ebay in Novemeber and paid throught paypal. The card has not arrived.. I have emailed several times with no response. I have called twice and still no answer or card.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have done alot of business with Andy in the past through Ebay and his auctions. I have never had a delivery problem before. I won an Ebay in Novemeber and paid throught paypal. The card has not arrived.. I have emailed several times with no response. I have called twice and still no answer or card. >>

If someone ever did that to me, it would be the last time I'd ever deal with him/her.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>I spoke to Andy a couple of weeks ago.

I would suggest calling him up.

Jim >>

Jim,

I'd like to ask you something privately. Can I have your e-mail address? Alternatively, my e-mail addy is [email protected].

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gentleman failed to deliver a card I purchased and did not respond to e-mails. I no longer bid on his auctions. It was an inexpensive common. If he did not have the card a refund or response would have been nice.

Another dealer I bought from could not find the card I won and e-mailed immediately and offered to replace it with another card or make a refund. I accepted the replacement card which he immediately shipped. It was a beautiful PSA 8 1955 card that was on my want list. I will definitely continue buying from him. image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Andy asked me to post this reply
    DEAR HOBBYISTS,

IF ANYONE IS EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES IN REGARD TO RECIEPT OF CARDS THEY WON ON EBAY OR ORDERED ON OUR WEBSITE WWW.AMSPORTSCARDS.COM , PLEASE CALL ME DIRECT ON MY CEL. PHONE 805-657-0533. OR THE OFFICE PHONE # FROM 9-5 M-F 805-987-3055. WE ARE STILL IN BUSINESS, BUT IT WAS A TRAGIC MONTH FOR USPS SHIPPING AND I APOLOGISE TO ALL. PRIORITY MAIL WAS TAKING 2 WEEKS AT ONE POINT. WE HAVE RECENTLY UNDERGONE SOME CHANGES IN OUR SHIPPING IN ORDER TO MAKE IT MORE AFFORDABLE FOR OUR VALUED EBAY CUSTOMERS, AND THIS SEEMS TO HAVE ITS LEARNING CURVE AS WELL. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CALL AND DISCUSS YOUR INDIVIDUAL SITUATION AND WE WILL RESOLVE IT AND MAKE YOU WHOLE FOR WHATEVER YOU FEEL YOU ARE DUE. AS FOR E-MAILS NOT RESPONDED TO, THEY PROBABLY WENT TO SPAM OR WERE NOT RECEIVED. WE ALSO NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB WITH E-MAILS IN GENERAL. LETS NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND SPREAD RUMORS WITHOUT MAKING A PROPER INQUIREY. WE'RE NOT LOOKING TO RIP ANYONE OFF, AND WE'RE DEFINETLY NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. WE ADVERTISE OUR PHONE #, SO PLEASE USE IT DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS TO CUT RIGHT TO THE PROBLEM. WHY SPECULATE, JUST CALL US DIRECT. I APOLOGISE FOR ANY AND ALL INCONVIENIENCES THAT HAVE OCCURRED AND ASK FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO CORRECT THE PROBLEMS. YOU SHOULD FEEL CONFIDENT THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH A RESPONSIBLE HOBBY PARTICIPANT WHO CARES ABOUT THE INDUSTRY IN WHICH HE MAKES HIS LIVING.

SINCERELY,

ANDY MADEC

Best Regards,

Andy

Andy Madec Sportscards, Inc
    P.O. Box 338
    Camarillo, Ca. 93011
    805 987 3055
    CAP LOCK is very effective.
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think this is very poor customer service. If you are going to run an online business, you need to be able to receive and respond to emails. I didn't see anyone here jumping to conclusions or spreading rumors. I saw 5 people here that said they didn't receive cards they paid for and got no response to emails and phone calls.
    James
    The point is, PEOPLE HAVE TRIED CALLING and Andy nor his employees have responded.

References:
  • mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    That is a very strange response to people complaining about no return emails or calls and no cards received.

Lets not speculate!!!! What???

I got an idea... CUSTOMER SERVICE
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    To add to my above post, my email to Andy that went unanswered in early Nov. also wasn't that urgent. It wasn't regarding a purchase I made from him. It was more of a head's up.

Andy has always been an excellent dealer and person to do business with in my opinion. Also his employee Steve (I don't know his last name) has also been great to deal with and talk to at shows as well.

I did notice Andy's ebay shipping rates were lowered from $6.00 per item to $4.00 I believe. Maybe he went from priority mail to first class mail and therefore that's caused some slowness of delivery. I would rather pay less for shipping than get the card in two days. But that's me.

In any event, I'm sure everyone will get their items that they've won and all will be good again.

Regards,
    Rich
  • Andy contacted me by email and he is taking care of my problem with him. I think he will respond to calls and email. All I did was to make him aware that there had been some conversation about the way he was doing business. I sent him the web address of this forum to check it out.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I always call and order over the phone, If I dont talk to someone then no order. Keppler Enterprises NEVER returns my calls and Never answers the phone either, hey he only cost himself about 2000 + in sales , I have had trouble actually speaking to a lot of dealers that run adds in the SMR.
  • "BUT IT WAS A TRAGIC MONTH FOR USPS SHIPPING AND I APOLOGISE TO ALL. PRIORITY MAIL WAS TAKING 2 WEEKS AT ONE POINT."

What a bunch of crap. Thanks for all the posts, I will NOT bid on his items. I know I won't be buying from him at shows either because the cards are usually priced way too high. Plus, no bids from me for his shilled-up auctions.
    I call bullship .... what a joke email that was.

He got lazy and was called out publicly on these boards. Happened to several dealers over the years. Once public, everything gets "solved".
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I call bullship .... what a joke email that was.

He got lazy and was called out publicly on these boards. Happened to several dealers over the years. Once public, everything gets "solved". >>

At least he didn't sic his attorneys on people.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I'm not even gonna kount all duh grammatical errs in dat letr. How doo yoo stay in biznezz?
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he is a FULL time dealer and this is his business and not a sideline hobby he should take an active roll Daily in his operations. Nothing, not e-mails, questions or phone calls should go un answered for more than a day. If e-mails are going to spam, turn off the spam block. Read your e-mails 4 or 5 times a day. Answer them that day. Have voice mail if you can't answer the phone and call back that DAY. Ship sooner, and respond with a shipped e-mail. Then the customer knows you shipped and the USPS is to blame for sloe deliveries 3 words, Better Customer Service. Not much to ask since it's what puts food on the table. I want to add, I have no beafs with Andy, I think all FULL TIME Dealers should follow these rules for all of us. JMO. Happy Holiday's. Joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

<< <i>If he is a FULL time dealer and this is his business and not a sideline hobby he should take an active roll Daily in his operations. Nothing, not e-mails, questions or phone calls should go un answered for more than a day. If e-mails are going to spam, turn off the spam block. Read your e-mails 4 or 5 times a day. Answer them that day. Have voice mail if you can't answer the phone and call back that DAY. Ship sooner, and respond with a shipped e-mail. Then the customer knows you shipped and the USPS is to blame for sloe deliveries 3 words, Better Customer Service. Not much to ask since it's what puts food on the table. I want to add, I have no beafs with Andy, I think all FULL TIME Dealers should follow these rules for all of us. JMO. Happy Holiday's. Joe >>

Andy Madec, is a full-time dealer. He always comes-up with the goods. I mean he always seems to have a nice inventory of material, year after year!

You don't want his cards because it takes two/three weeks for delivery, instead of one? Because his emails, go as "unanswered spam", or his phone "rings off the hook", unanswered?

I'm sure Andy can do a better job with the "customer service thing".

Just keep finding all those great items Andy, as you do, year after year, and I'll wait an extra week for delivery, and I'll even tolerate a "no answer" telephone call, or even having my emails, "called spam".

My God, now I even have Andy's cell number! image 805-657-0533

Andy, I love ya, no I hate ya! Actually Andy, I'm confused? Just send me the damn cards, already!

Darn it, I'll never order from u again! Oh wait a minute! Wow-wee-wow-wow-wow! Oh my God! Look at this card just listed in Andy's store! Well, never mind Andy, I'll forgive you, now can u send me this other great item right away?

Two and a half weeks later: Damn it! Where is my newest order? That's it, I'm finshed with you! Wait just a little-olde minute, "honey, take a look at this new card Andy has just listed on ebay, wow! Is that exactly what I'm looking for or what? Andy, I'll hit the "buy it now" button, but can you ship it to me right away? What no answer? Damn it, I'll buy it anyway!

rd

edit: Bah humbug! All those wonderful items, over all those years, and you still don't answer the damn telephone? Andy, I'm putting u on notice. ...oh, wait a minute, I can't believe what I'm looking at here! I've just got to have that card! It's killer! Never mind what I said Andy! image

P.S. How many of you, have wonderful additions to your collection, over a period of many years, thanks to Andy Madec? I'd bet plenty of u do? How do u spell Madec? M~A~N~T~L~E

• << <i>

<< <i>
    How do u spell Medec? >>

That would be M-A-D-E-C

too much eggnog this morning?

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>
    How do u spell Medec? >>

That would be M-A-D-E-C

too much eggnog this morning? >>

Yeah! (thanks, I corrected my "e's" to "a's") (Bet I've even written "Andy Medec" on checks? LOL!)

rd

burp! At least I spelled Mantel correctly! (Just kidding!)
  • I have called him and all I get is a generic message not even referencing the company. I have left voice mail messages. I have emailed him numerous times originally to add the cost of insurance to the card I won. No response to date. Strange!

• << <i>
    burp! At least I spelled Mantel correctly! (Just kidding!) >>

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!
    I'll wait an extra week for delivery, especially during the holiday season.
    But after I've paid and no card, I need phone calls to be answered, responses to emails.
    Just my opinion.

• I just left a message for Andy on his office voice mail explaining what I was trying to accomplish with my original emails and voice mail messages since early November. For the record, I was trying to determine how much I had to add for insurance on a $620 ebay purchase since Andy was only charging $4 for postage. I wanted to make sure the card was shipped insured and I did not want Andy to get short changed. I hope the card is still available and that everything works out. I did not mean to create so much commotion. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Hey what are you guys crying about? Andy is only following the best example he has on how to run a business--INSERT 3 LETTERS HERE _ _ _.
    Please don't take my post as a bash on Andy. I just think in general, anyone in
    business should use these guidelines for Customer Service and good customer relations.
    In small comunities or hobbies with boards, word of mouth is a very important part of
    advertising. Bad pub travels faster than any commercial or banner. JMO
    As I stated before I have never dealt with Andy.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    Perkdog, I enjoy reading your posts. Well I almost read them,
    I can't ever get past the picture of the twins. So keep posting
    so they can brighten up my day. image Joe
    W.C.Fields
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE ARE STILL IN BUSINESS, BUT IT WAS A TRAGIC MONTH FOR USPS SHIPPING AND I APOLOGISE TO ALL. PRIORITY MAIL WAS TAKING 2 WEEKS AT ONE POINT

"A Tragic Month for USPS Shipping" image

Funny, but all my priority mail packages took 3-4 days at most to to receive. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    blaming the postal service is a cop-out. for all of the jokes posted they are a well oiled machine. sure a package gets lost or is late once in a great while, but on a consistent basis they get the job done. for the record i am not a postal worker nor is anyone in my family. i base this on experience.

i agree he got called out and put together a lame, poorly worded excuse in all caps. he is one psa's golden boys as they did a recent feature on him in the smr and he puts up big ad $$$ for them. his cards are generally overpriced and his customer service is weak.

I just read up on this, nothing in the rules about having to be customer friendly. Sorry guys.

Q: How do I become a PSA Authorized Dealer?
    A: There are several requirements for becoming a PSA Authorized Dealer:

Applicant must have been a full-time dealer for at least two years.
    Applicant and key employees must not have been convicted of a felony in the past five years.
    Applicant must have capitalization of $10,000 or more including inventory.
    Minimum of three credit references.
    Minimum of 3 PSA Authorized Dealer references.
    Applicant must have endorsed PSA in the past by having cards/tickets graded by PSA, and buying and selling PSA-graded cards/tickets.

Lucky for us, Character is not a fantasy stat!!
  • No returned email or telephone message from Andy or his staff yet. I figured that after all the commotion and his letter of explanation he would at least contact me via telephone or email. I called again today during business hours and did get a voice saying he was Andy Madec and please leave a message. I left another detailed voicemail message and have had no response yet today. I feel uncomfortable tracking him down via his cell phone but that may be my only choice. Any other suggestions from those who know him well would surely be appreciated?
    DEAR HOBBYISTS,

IF ANYONE IS EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES IN REGARD TO RECIEPT OF CARDS THEY WON ON EBAY OR ORDERED ON OUR WEBSITE WWW.AMSPORTSCARDS.COM , PLEASE CALL ME DIRECT ON MY CEL. PHONE 805-657-0533. OR THE OFFICE PHONE # FROM 9-5 M-F 805-987-3055. WE ARE STILL IN BUSINESS, BUT IT WAS A TRAGIC MONTH FOR USPS SHIPPING AND I APOLOGISE TO ALL. PRIORITY MAIL WAS TAKING 2 WEEKS AT ONE POINT. WE HAVE RECENTLY UNDERGONE SOME CHANGES IN OUR SHIPPING IN ORDER TO MAKE IT MORE AFFORDABLE FOR OUR VALUED EBAY CUSTOMERS, AND THIS SEEMS TO HAVE ITS LEARNING CURVE AS WELL. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CALL AND DISCUSS YOUR INDIVIDUAL SITUATION AND WE WILL RESOLVE IT AND MAKE YOU WHOLE FOR WHATEVER YOU FEEL YOU ARE DUE. AS FOR E-MAILS NOT RESPONDED TO, THEY PROBABLY WENT TO SPAM OR WERE NOT RECEIVED. WE ALSO NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB WITH E-MAILS IN GENERAL. LETS NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND SPREAD RUMORS WITHOUT MAKING A PROPER INQUIREY. WE'RE NOT LOOKING TO RIP ANYONE OFF, AND WE'RE DEFINETLY NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. WE ADVERTISE OUR PHONE #, SO PLEASE USE IT DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS TO CUT RIGHT TO THE PROBLEM. WHY SPECULATE, JUST CALL US DIRECT. I APOLOGISE FOR ANY AND ALL INCONVIENIENCES THAT HAVE OCCURRED AND ASK FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO CORRECT THE PROBLEMS. YOU SHOULD FEEL CONFIDENT THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH A RESPONSIBLE HOBBY PARTICIPANT WHO CARES ABOUT THE INDUSTRY IN WHICH HE MAKES HIS LIVING.

SINCERELY,

ANDY MADEC

Best Regards,

Andy

Andy Madec Sportscards, Inc
    P.O. Box 338
    Camarillo, Ca. 93011
    805 987 3055

To the person that posted the previous reply,
    could you answer a couple of questions?
    How did this reply get to you?
    via Postal Mail? via email? (If via email, why couldn't the dealer post the message himself?)
    Part of the message is all caps. Part is not all caps.
    The message is signed twice. Did you get the message as is?
    Or did you get the 'all caps' part and signed the message yourself?
    I mean no disrepect. I just trying to determine when I should realize that I've been ripped off
    and should move on.

• After talking to Andy( last week), my card was mailed and received today. Andy even called me to check up on the deal. What ever the problem was, he is trying to work it out and make things right.
  • This message was via email from Andy. He stated in his email that he had not signed up for this forum. He asked me to post it for him. I may have copied too much and added the last part in non caps by accident.

There is joy in Mudville.

I received my card.
  • The mail moved just fine this holiday season. Two weeks is pure BS.

I for one am not buying this e-mail that was sent to goldrock with all of the grammatical errors in it came from Andy. Andy looks a little more educated than this. I have personally met Andy. "Goldrock" you must be someone very special to Andy because no one is getting any kind of response fom him.
    Infact, he needs to step up to the plate and explain himself to these people that are buying his cards under the banner of being a PSA Authorized Dealer. What say you, JOE 0.??
  • I hope he's still in business just received February SMR and there is article on him, page 148. Haven't read it yet, just getting ready to.

Peace

Doug
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • A quote from the article "A self described "show warrior" and "straight-shooter," he champions changes in the industry such as media advertising and higher standards of professionalism. "

Can't believe anyone is having problems.

I have never dealt with him, just seems timely that an article shows up.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • kadokakid,

My very thoughts when I looked at the cover of my SMR which arrived today "Dealer Profile : Andy Madec" - either a hilarious coincidence or PSA trying to make things right after the "scurrilous" things posted here. Except they could never have got it together THAT fast - could they?

Don't mind me - just my bad mind. image

Happy New Year to all,
    Jonathan
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???
  • This is a real segue, and speaking of not being able to contact someone, does anyone have a phone number of Keppler Enterpises. His ebay address is in New Jersey. Kepplerenterprises.com (it does not work as a website?)

Thanks,

PS...I have had no problems contacting Andy, just got off the phone with him, oh and he answered the phone immediately.
    Henri
    Collector
    Topps 58,59,60,61,62,63,64 Sets
    Fleer 60, 61-62 Sets
  • sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Maybe he's getting business advice from Block Sportscards, Inc.? Must be a CA thing?!?!?! image