Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Registry Jefferson nickels for sale

I have the following registry quality Jefferson nickels for sale. Several of these coins just came out of my 65-present set. Prices include postage and insurance. PM me or send me an email.

1980P PCGS MS66FS - Bright white, nice luster, hammered steps, full strike. This is an above average 1980P. 600.00 (PCGS price guide has it at 650.00). This coin just came out of my 65-present set.

1984D PCGS MS66FS - Bright white, nice luster, hammered 5.5 steps, full strike. This is an above average 1984D. 300.00 (PCGS price guide has it at 315.00). This coin just came out of my 65-present set.

1987P PCGS MS67FS - Bright white, nice luster, 6 steps, full strike. This is an above average 1987P. 500.00 (PCGS price guide has it at 550.00).
CS 65-Present FS Jefferson nickel set at myurl
RayOverby

Comments

• Selling your 2002-D in 67FS?
  • PM SENT
  • Brian,

No, I am not selling the 2002D P67FS coin. If I do I will let you know. thanks.

Ray Overby
    RayOverby

• << <i>Brian,
    No, I am not selling the 2002D P67FS coin. If I do I will let you know. thanks.
    >>

Thanks, I was half way joking. I have been working for 3 years trying ta make another of those and have about given hope that it can be done. Best I can muster is a very very rare 66FS.
  • rayovacrayovac Posts: 192 ✭✭
    For those that are wonding:

I will not be breaking up my Jefferson nickel set. While I always am looking for an upgrade (i.e. - in a higher grade) I am also looking for superior examples of all dates and mints in the same grade. Something that would make the coin "standout" from others at the same grade/date. Such as: high end for the grade, 6 steps, a variety, nice toning, booming luster, nice eye appeal, ect... I understand that because of the number of coins (150+) in the Jefferson nickel series that I will always have some coins that may be average or "problem coins". Every set (registry or not) has these coins. Those who have followed the sales of other Jefferson registry sets in the last few years know this. I hope to minimize these for my set. Some dates are not available in full strike hammered steps. For these I have to settle for hammered steps. There are a few dates that I have not been able to find with hammered steps. For these I just have to settle for the best that I can. But these coins are getting fewer and fewer as the years go by. So if you have any Jefferson nickels for sale that are the same grade as I have in my set AND they "standout" from others at the same grade/date (for whatever reason) that I would love to hear from you.

Ray Overby
    RayOverby