Home Metal Detecting
Options

November Finds - Late report

I found a couple good coins over the Thanksgiving break. I found a 1903 Indian head cent, 1936 merc, a mess of wheaties and an 1865 two cent piece. I also found a great old token of some sort that has scalloped edges and Latin on both sides. I had one side translated and it says "John the cook and his sons". The other side is too cryptic as it looks like Latin and Greek letters.

I found these at my in-laws' farm which the family had homesteaded in 1850. Now the weather is cold and we're getting inches of snow as we speak. I'm going to have serious withdrawl until Spring. I wish I had submitted these finds for November but didn't even think about it until after the awards were given out. Oh well, There's always more coins to be found. The two cent piece is my oldest coin to date. My Father-in-law was enthralled because his great-great grandfather probably lost the two-center himself. I've had the '03 Indian cent and two cent piece soaking in olive oil for a couple weeks now. I will post pictures after I get them cleaned up...

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."

Comments