Home PSA Set Registry Forum

How many of you have taken advantage of the free grading for 75% or higher

I finally have a set that is above the 75% requirement and was about to send in for my freebies. I thought it might be a good post to remind everyone about this benefit. Since I'm up to 85% in my set, its about time I got around sending in for my entitled free gradings.

Here is the terms for free grading...

Free Grading. We recognize that not every card in every important collection has been graded by PSA. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 75% complete, you are entitled to the following free grading benefits:

If the set composition is 1-50 cards you are entitled to 1 free grading.
If the set composition is 51-150 cards you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
If the set composition is 151-300 cards you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
If the set composition is 301+ cards you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
Free gradings are for cards within the set that has reached 75% completion. You should request your free gradings with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the cards that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same card twice for free grades. All cards must be submitted at one time. If your set has reached 75% complete, please contact [email protected] with your name, address and phone number. You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Paul

Comments

• lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Spend the time and fill in all the team sets available for whatever particular year you are collecting..........more freebies.

Accumulate your team freebies with your set freebies and send them in all together to save on postage charges.

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Paul - Thanks for the heads up!

I will be requesting my 4 soon image

Chris
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Well this only works if the set has at least 4 cards. Since 2/3 would be 66.666%.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Say Thanks to Team Collectors who request these sets. image
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better

<< <i>Well this only works if the set has at least 4 cards. Since 2/3 would be 66.666%. >>

It still works......when you go 100% on that three card set you still get a freebie. ( in the hopes of an upgrade)

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I have done this once (61 Topps baseball). The turnaround time was much longer than any other submission I have done.

<< <i>I have done this once (61 Topps baseball). The turnaround time was much longer than any other submission I have done. >>

My freebies where graded in less then four days....................I guess it depends on how busy they are at the time.

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I just got about 15-20 free grades, but it had been a few years since I requested them. I've probably received about 35-40 over the years.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• I put in the request for most of the 1957 Baseball Team sets and have utilized the freebies to complete and upgrade my set. Another idea is to register under both basic and master sets to increase your number of freebies.
  • I sent 5 1972's and 2 1971 Topps Supers in the same package. CGC sent me a submission form that had all seven on it. Of course, they later decided that they couldn't be combined and charged me an extra $11.70 for shipping.

The 72's were graded in 3 days and the 71 Supers took 7 weeks. Yep... 7 weeks to grade a two-card submission!
  • Do you have to be a PSA member to take advantage of the freebies
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I have freebies for 2 of my player sets and 3 team sets that I havnt submitted yet. I dont have any cards worthy of submitting for my 3 team sets and dont want to take the chance at cracking and resubmitting my PSA 9's in hopes for a 10 just in case they knock them down a grade instead of bumping them up.

My freebies for my player sets are all picked out and ready to go as soon as I get the chance. I went through around 20 or 25 different Thurman Munson cards just to find the best 2 that I didnt have in my set and have the best chance at a 9 or 10.

Im hoping whatever I do decide to send in pop as quick as some say theirs have, I dunno why there is such inconsistancy in PSA's turnaround times.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• I have got 6 or 7

<< <i>Do you have to be a PSA member to take advantage of the freebies >>

No.......

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I had my 1972 football set at 95% and all of the team sets abover 75% so I got nearly 30 free grades. I sent in some raw but cracked a bunch of 8's and got many 9's in return for my good eye. The best part was I cracked a 7 Roger Staubach rookie that came back an 8.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I am still a virgin when it comes to sending cards in to be graded and I wasn't aware of this offer from PSA. That is a pretty cool! I just started a registry set for my 1973 Topps Baseball. I hope when I reach 75% sometime in the next decade they still offer this. image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

• << <i>I had my 1972 football set at 95% and all of the team sets abover 75% so I got nearly 30 free grades. I sent in some raw but cracked a bunch of 8's and got many 9's in return for my good eye. The best part was I cracked a 7 Roger Staubach rookie that came back an 8. >>

do you send in the old flips so PSA can update the registry?
  • mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I am nearing the 75% on my 57 set and have udated all the team sets. I will surely take advantage of the free grades regardless if they take months to grade. I never thought about the master set for more freebies.

Does anyone know if there is a $ value limit for the freebies???
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)

<< <i>I am nearing the 75% on my 57 set and have udated all the team sets. I will surely take advantage of the free grades regardless if they take months to grade. I never thought about the master set for more freebies.

Does anyone know if there is a $ value limit for the freebies??? >>

Any card from the set can be sent in for the freebies....

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW, I had no clue about this! In my Ripken Basic Set, I only have 46.65% of the 328 cards in the set. It'll be a while until I reach 75%, but when I do I should get 5 freebies. Thanks for the info!!
  • That is correct!!! I am not even a member and still got 3 free grading because of my 33 goudey now at 92%! The cards have been received at PSA hoping the come back with in the month.
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • I just recently sent an email to the set registry to request my freebies and haven't heard back from them yet.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• I Know that I have reuested and used some of my free grading, is there a way to see what you have used and whet you haven't?
  • I took advantage of the free grades on the first couple of sets I completed and just didn't realize I could get them for team sets....lol.

I just sent an e-mail requesting free gradings for 40 other sets I have completed..... image

Thanks for reminding me with this thread image
  • Just received an email back from Set Registry in regards to my request. I just sent them a listing of my qualifying sets. Hope to get my free grading soon.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• For my Nolan Ryan Basic set:

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
    1 40521748 1992 SCORE 2 NOLAN RYAN N/A 9
    2 40521749 1988 SPORTFLICS 39 NOLAN RYAN N/A 10

Date Received: 01/25/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 02/06/2007
    Date Shipped: 02/06/2007

I sent it around the 20th 1st class with DC. I was very surprised at the turnaround after hearing about the Nov specials. Getting the form to submit my freebies was a breeze as well. image

Justin
    Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM