Home Metal Detecting

Looks Like This Friday For a Trip To Ballarat

Sorry I couldn't give more advance notice for anyone wishing to join me. I have been trying to find a slot in my schedule and this Friday was open. I'll head up to the Ghost Town early Friday morning (weather permitting) and hit it in relic mode. Dig every target and see what comes up!

If anyone should be able to make it on such short notice send me an e-mail or PM

Comments

• Wish I could make it. We're headed to the beach on Friday for Christmas. Maybe next time. Give me a blast though if you can squeeze out some time in January. Maybe we'll go up to Monolith like you've been anxious to do and fence jump. I'm up for it!
    Gary
    imageimageimage

• << <i>Wish I could make it. We're headed to the beach on Friday for Christmas. Maybe next time. Give me a blast though if you can squeeze out some time in January. Maybe we'll go up to Monolith like you've been anxious to do and fence jump. I'm up for it!
    Gary >>

I'll definitely go back to Ballarat again even after this Friday. It is too neat an area and too large an area for it to ever be "cleaned out". Plus with the history of the area, I know there are some cool relics waiting for the persistant detector.

As for Monolith, that is indeed my dream hunt. I really need to do some research on the company that owns the land and find a way to get to the decision maker or see if they have an in-house archeologist or similar that would entertain the idea of an organized hunt there.

I'm sure we could get together enough people that would love a shot at sweeping that site. I'll even donate any significant finds to the local Historical Society. I just want a chance to sweep it!
  • Good,
    I'm up for either one. Better make it February instead of January though. The wife's book deadline is the 17th.

Gary
    imageimageimage