Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Already Graded?

Ebay auction #300062039850 lists a 1969 Mantle that the seller says should grade an 8 or 9. Is it just me but doesn't that scan show a card already in a graded holder but with the top not shown? I wonder what it really graded.

Comments

• Options
    Note "seller says SHOULD grade an 8 or 9."

Meaning it is not graded.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I agree, it does look like it is in a graded holder already.

NathanSr
    Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • Options
    Definitely slabbed.

• Options
    I would be cautious unless you knew the seller, photography is easly to play with and there is a big price different between an 8 and a 9. Anyone who purchased one or sold one should know the difference.

It is possible the seller is trying to say, this PSA 8, looks like a PSA 9, and is just being tricky. An unclear auction such as that, is not an accident or lack of knowledge.....I believe.

It does look like a nice card. If it is a nicer then normal PSA 8, I think a large photograph inside the auction would be more appreciated by bidders.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Probably a 6 or 7 that in his humble opinion should grade an 8 or 9. If he even has the card and didn't steal the scan. If you are tempted to buy make him send you a full scan with a copy of today's newspaper next to it. If he won't do that run Forrest run.
  • Options
    I'm guessing he's hiding a qualifier.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    or...the scan is not of the card that you would be bidding on!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's in a PRO or similar holder.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.