Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

SSP: some more world gold issues!

I've got my eye on a few other coins I want, and the wifely unit wants me to do a one-to-one swap. So........a few of my favorites has to go to free up the funds.

First up is one that i had had my eye out for for quite awhile. This 'Una & the Lion' design is the first usage of it since the 1839 5 pounds proof edition (which now goes for a heck of a lot of $$ when they come up for auction). This particular coin was minted by Gibraltar in 1989, with the ultra-low mintage of 1989 pieces. It is the 2 Sovereign size (15.94 grams, .9167 fine gold, .4698 /oz.). Una & the Lion on the reverse, Queen Elizabeth II is on the obverse. This particular coin is graded PF70 Ultra Cameo by NGC, can't get much better than that! (ha ha)

(please pardon the scraches on the slab, NGC can certainly re-slab it if you're interested, for $5)

$450.00 shipped CONUS, payment by Paypal

Next up is a '75 Cook Islands gold coin. This coin is .900 fine gold, 9.6 grams (.2778), and is graded PF68 Ultra Cameo by NGC. I don't have the mintage totals here in front of me, but i remember them being under 8,000 pieces for both the UNC and proof issues combined.

$180 shipped CONUS, payment by Paypal

thanks all, and Happy Holidays!

Doug

Comments