Home Stamps Forum

New to stamps

WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
Hello!

My name is John Wondowski and I'm looking to potentially get into stamps. I've done coins, cards, posters, etc. Who are they recommended honest fair dealers in high quality stamps.

Any references would be appreciated. Post, PM or email me with any info.

Thanks.

John
Wondo

Comments

• dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    You didn't mention which area of stamps; but the below are for US.

You can check the PSE link here for authorized dealers. Also these:
    steve crippe
    gary posner
    alan cohen

These are just a couple. There are many, many, others all of which I can't recall at the moment.
  • John - There are many reputable stamp dealers - ask how long a dealer has been in the stamp business. I would suggest staying away from the coin firms who have recently jumped onto the bandwagon for graded US stamps. Many (most) of these dealers have no clue about stamps and are selling commodities as brokers. All expert groups make mistakes and you need a good stamp man to sort out potential problems. I have also seen several new stamp dealers advertising in coin publications. Be wary.

Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

> I would suggest staying away from the coin firms who have recently jumped onto the bandwagon for graded US stamps.

I agree with Richard but I would make an exception to David Lawrence Rare Coins. DLRC now offers PSE encapsulated stamps, under the direction of Charles Shreves.

Another good firm is E & M Graded Stamps Eileen Frohnen is a very nice person to deal with.

I also recommend Sam Houston Philatelics

KJ