Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How many errors/incorrect banners on your graded cards do you have?

I looked though my graded cards again last night just to make corrections to my Registry and want lists. I found that I own 6 PSA graded cards that have some type of error to the insert lable. Some have the wrong year or company name, one even has the wrong number of the card in the lable. I have never sent these cards in for correction. Mostly due to the fact that PSA has allowed me to add them to my registry. With phone calls and scans of the cards to show what issue's I was having... One day I will just have to get off my duff and send them in for correction. So how many do you have? Let the message boards know. Don't be embarrassed let the truth be known. Thanks Paul

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    90% of all my submissions in 2006 had errors in labelling or otherwise by PSA.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1960 Steve Ridzik that is labeled as Tom Sturdivant. I also have a 1964 John Blanchard that is almost 50/50 both ways, front and back, that received an o/c qualifier.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    In a total of 94 cards submitted (4 seperate submissions), I've had only one error. I sent it back with one of my other submissions, and they fixed it and sent it back (eating the shipping themselves).
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>90% of all my submissions in 2006 had errors in labelling or otherwise by PSA. >>

Seriously??
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>90% of all my submissions in 2006 had errors in labelling or otherwise by PSA. >>

Seriously?? >>

90% of my submissions. Not 90% of the cards in my submissions. I would say about 3-5% of the cards I have submitted in 2006 have come back labelled incorrectly. But there has only been one or two submissions this year that came back completely flawless in terms of labelling errors.

Worst year ever from my end in terms of PSA labelling errors, and I've been submitting for about seven years.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I"ve got half a dozen from the last few months as well. If they enter into the registry ok I don't bother, if they don't I put them aside and then drop them off at a show.
    It does seem to happen more often in the last year or so.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    I have taken PSA graded cards that have labeling errors with me to large shows that PSA has set up at and they have reholdered them with corrected labels on the spot (well, I picked them up at their tables the next day). I did contact them in advance to let them know I was coming. This was a couple years ago so I don't know if they still do it at shows. I didn't want to pay S/Ins to send them to their offices because I felt the mistakes were theirs, not mine. I found they were very cooperative.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I have 11 sitting at PSA right now. They have had them since 10/31. I am calling today to find out whats up with them. Some have already been corrected. I want to know where the cards are.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I take my labeling errors in for correction at shows. Right now, I have 4 errors to take in next time - 1981 Topps Traded Dave Winfield that is labeled as 1981 Topps, 1981 Fleer #5 Mike Schmidt labeled with the wrong variation, and 2 1972 Kelloggs labeled with the wrong variations (Dave Johnson and Mike Cuellar). I also have a 1981 Fleer #640 Schmidt that has a correct label, but is showing up in the 1981 Fleer set registry as the wrong variation (the Schmidt Master Set doesn't recognize variations on this one), and 2 seriously overgraded cards to complain about - a 1954 Topps PSA 6 common where they missed back damage and a 1950 R423 Cobb w/facsimile auto PSA 9 that is way OC L/R and T/B (a real shame, since it's a pop 1 in that grade).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Just talked to the a rep from PSA. She is looking into my error submission. She said she was suprized to see that it was logged in 10/31 and still not done. She said there shouldnt be any problems with it as it is in the system. Hopefully they didnt get lost.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I have I would guess 600 PSA cards and three with errors. So I guess not bad overall, but a little annoying. Eventually I was join the club or get free registry submission and hope they fix them at that time.

PSA is the best and most consistant grader...in my opinion...but human errors do happen.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    notta 1!
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I had 1 out of about 400 this year
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I just had a "Holy mackerel" moment regarding incorrect labels.

I recently purchased some raw '66 Topps Venezuelans. These are distinguishable from '66 Topps because the fronts are much less glossy, the cardstock has a grayish-beige shade to it, and (most notably), the backs are a much deeper and brighter orange than regular Topps.

I looked at my one graded '66 Topps Venezuelan and a stack of regular '66 Topps PSA graded cards for comparison on these. They all match up well for back color with my '66 Topps Venezuelan, but I noticed that one of my regular '66 Topps looks just like a Venezuelan on the back, and has a front with the same border shade as the Venezuelans, so I think it's a mislabeled Venezuelan.
    It's a PSA 6 Fergie Jenkins rookie. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.