Home Stamps Forum
Options

Question about postmarks, killers and stamp value

Hi, I'm definitely ignorant when it comes to stamp collecting. However for about 10 years or so I've had a strange 'hobby' of collecting every stamp on an envelope that I come across. For some reason I can never bring myself to throw a stamp away! I estimate that I’ve amassed about 10,000 stamps sitting on the torn off corners of envelopes.

Since they are taking up so much space, I have to figure out what to do with them; so a couple of questions. The stamps are from pretty much all over the world. None of them is more than 10 years old. Are these postmarked stamps worth anything? If they have any worth, does that worth vary depending on whether they have been a) neatly postmarked b) killed with an ugly killer c) missed entirely by postmark/killer?

I don’t know if this question can be answered but lets say I have a stamp that has a 50c face value, it’s not a special release of any kind, fairly recent and it’s been killed rather than postmarked, what range of values could this stamp have and what might be the average? Sorry if that’s a lame question.

Comments

• Options
    bcachot - this stuff ends up in "mission" mixtures and is usually sold by the pound - check ebay for prices. You won't be happy.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Hi there and welcome. Covers pretty well summed it up. There are a couple stamps you may at least look to see if you may have. Any of the stamps from Germany? Look for a Audry Hepburn stamp with a cigerette holder in her mouth.

Also, you may want to turn on your PM..private messages.. Hey, I like your Icon!!!

Jerry