Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Final Mintage for 2005 Proof Platinum Eagles?

Has the official count been released. I see figures at the mint's website, but they seem too low. Let me know.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, the Mint has not taken into account the 2006 1st quarter sales of 2005 Proof Plat sets. Once they do, the mintages will be higher than 2004 Proof coins.

In my experience, it is not uncommon for the mint to adjust "final mintage" figures later - I believe the "final" mintage figures on 2004 Proof plats have been adjusted 3 times now.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    Wondercoin, what is your estimate for the final mintage?
  • Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Why is it so difficult for the U.S. Mint to keep accurate coin production figures?Especially for coins with such small production numbers.
    Adjusting final mint production figures three times?????
    Say it ain't so!!!!
    Sounds just like most all other U.S. Government agencys, the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.
    Danny
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Why is it so difficult for the U.S. Mint to keep accurate coin production figures?

No kidding, when platinum is over $1000 an oz, you'd think knowing how many plat eagles you've sold would be important. No... wait... it must be that it's run by the government.

-David