Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Howards Sports is buying vintage non sports

Howards Sports is looking to buy any vintage sets or singles non sports items. Raw or graded. Please call 419 943 2612 and ask for mark or diane. Or email MJKuhlman@hotmail.com
Mark Kuhlman

Comments

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 826 ✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2019 9:07PM
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    David - I feel your pain. Back in the old days, dealers in SCD always downgraded material submitted to them and, if they were lucky enough to convince the seller, they would upgrade them (or at least accurately grade them) on the sell. I'm sure Howard's was no different.

In all fairness, though, Howards listed buy prices for lower grade raw material, and I ended up turning a hatful of cards I couldn't move into a limited edition Gibson ES135 in kick-ass Gretsch orange.

Moral of the story - high grade is just too subjective to sell to a dealer; lower grade is fine.

Mark - are you looking for lower grade material?image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Since this post seems to have been posted in most of the forums, perhaps the responses should be linked as well
    Experiences with Howards

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's