Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Major Viewing Improvement in the New Set Registry

PCGS has now completed the programming that displays a much larger image than before - about 1.6Megs! And even nicer, if there are True View images in the system, they automatically load!

To view the huge pics, one needs to be in the 'coin album' for the individual set owner. If there is a large pic loaded, there will be a little + icon next to the image that you can click on. This will display a screen sized image! See the Chopmarks here

To have True View images automatically load, simply delete any image already in your set for that coin. The huge True View will load itself upon the next update of their system. This is cool - saves a lot of time!

Comments

• OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭
    Now I'm confused. Isn't True View discontinued? If so, why do this?

It's cool, however.
  • That is a really cool feature..makes ya want to true view everything big..
    Bruce Scher
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the rest of the large images for the chopmark set loaded overnight.

Time to go delete the images in the seated and trade dollar sets!

• << <i>Now I'm confused. Isn't True View discontinued? If so, why do this?

It's cool, however. >>

I am hoping that they reconsider bringing back True View. The old system was much more complicated to upload pictures. Now it is a piece of cake. I believe there is now a much greater demand for the service now.image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now I'm confused. Isn't True View discontinued? If so, why do this? >>

It's sort of discontinued, but sort of not.

Russ, NCNE
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruce,

Thank for the heads up. I just had my 1964 mint set imaged last week. I loaded the medium and it was sized down. If I get what you are saying, now if our coin has an image in the PCGS database it will populate automatically and then link to the super sized photo. Yours look great!

Ken
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK guys this thread just gave me two New Years resolutions.

1. Get a bigger moniter.

2. Get True View's done on some of my coins.

Great Chop Marks, and I think I need to find a couple of FS nickels.

• << <i>

<< <i>It's sort of discontinued, but sort of not. >>

Russ; Could you elaborate. I have some coins I am getting ready to submit. If I check off the photo box on the submission form, will they still do the true view photo's?
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sonoranmonsoon,

Here is a link to the Q&A forum that Mr. Guth explains what to do for True View Photos. Sounds like it is going to change, that is why I wanted to get my 1964 mint set done ASAP image

Ken
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like most of the improvements but there are still some bugs in the system. Tried to add 2 coins today from an existing set into a new set and they don't transfer nor can I add them manually.

Another email sent.......image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.