Home Metal Detecting
Options

Little silver, little copper, and a "little iron"...

I've been getting lazy in the picture department. I really like the way GR, LM, and Zot (and others)
do the pictoral "ride alongs" but I just haven't made the effort lately. So, I threw some uncleand
items together for a pic (also been leaving the silver in the mud clods until I get home):

And, after rinsing some recent finds, threw the items on the scanner:

Nice pics and posts by you other guys... sorry I'm not keeping up!
Busy time of year for all of us I know image

Comments

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Nice going Rick!
    Those Mercs are 1941 and 1944, yes?

Also a monopoly piece I see. I always wanted to have the "hat" piece when playing this fine game myself image
    I believe I've seen dug monopoly pieces on this board before as well, which I found curious. I wouldn't have thought the game was played outdoors that much (e.g. challenges with the money flying away etc...), but apparently it is...
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Nice work Rick!

Is the little capitol building thingie a button?
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Zot,
    yes, 41 and 44 on the mercs. Also, that is curious why those pieces would end up outside.
    (I used to choose the little car image)

GR,
    yes, that's a button... was pretty deep. I'm having fun hitting the "worked out" places with
    the Explorer and picking off silver and wheats. I'll go for the pull tabs too if the signal is super
    deep... that's how I got the button.
  • Options
    Nice dig's Ric and a very interesting button is there a backmark??HH,Tom
  • Options
    Great finds. Keep them coming. I'm so jealous. You Cali folks can dig all year round.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

LT,
    No back mark... it's a 2 piece. Ever see one like it in any of your books?

HK,
    yes, this is the time of year I can try to catch up to you guys that seem to be silver magnets! image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm having fun hitting the "worked out" places with the Explorer and picking off silver and wheats. >>

Is the Explorer a slow swinging machine like the Sov. ?
    As you know , to get the really deep targets you have to move at sloth speed with the Sov....at least that is my experiance.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options

<<Is the Explorer a slow swinging machine like the Sov. ?>>

Yes. It's gathering so much information that it requires you to move slower...
    you give it time to gather the info, and then you listen for that deepie signal
    amid all the other sounds.