Home Metal Detecting

December Hunt!

I never thought there will be a day l could go digging in Wisconsin in December. The weather was forecasted to be warm today I took down my machine last night and charged the batteries getting set for maybe another last hunt of the year. It was in the 40's late this morning but it seemed much colder. The wind was brutal but it was well worth it. Haven't been able to dig for awhile, man, it was nice swinging the coil again. The snow melted exposing the beautiful grassy ground. Priceless!

I wasn't finding much at all for the first hour or so. First decent target turned up the 1926 Buff (second one found) then came the 1920 and 1925 (second one found) Mercs about 20 yards apart. I also dug a 1907 IHC, the 3rd 1907 of the year.

Thanks for viewing!

Group Shot

Comments

• Very nice finds.image

Gary
    imageimageimage

• << <i>Very nice finds.image

i'll second that...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Nice work!
    That's a great variety of old coins for a days hunt!

It was in the mid 50's here today. Looking at low to mid 60's tomorrow, so I'll have to get back out there myself.

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that's some sweet silver. Love those crisp, early Mercs! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Nice looking merc's and nice going on the buff!!HH,Tom
  • Thanks, guys, for the comments. I love finding those early Mercs. A Buff is a nice addition too. By the way, those two Mercs are my 22nd and 23rd Mercury dimes of 2006.

Hit the same place today and totally skunked. However, I went to a baseball field nearby and found a 1954 Rosie with some Wheaties.