Home Q & A Forum
Options

Serious problem with an early October submission?!?

tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
Ron,

Happy Holidays and thank you for taking my question.

I submitted eight coins, via club membership voucher, in October. My order and submission number is listed under my user name in the area where you check the status of submissions.

They were received on Oct. 5 by PCGS. Today is Dec. 15 and it say that their status is ok with a shipping date of N/A. I have not received the coins as yet, obviously.

Starting three weeks ago, I began calling weekly about this. A kind and helpful gentleman named Benny (sp?) assisted me. Each time, he has said they are in processing and attributes the backup to shows and the holiday schedule. He's been a good guy and I commend him for attempting to assist me.

Yesterday, I called PCGS again and explained the problem to the operator. She said she would connect me with the manager of that department. It was a lady but I don't remember her name. I left her a detailed message (mid day your time) with the facts as above, my order and submission numbers and two telephone numbers to contact me. I asked her, if possible, to please call me back by the end of the day Thursday. It's now Friday evening and I have not heard back from her.

I posted a thread on the main board asking if time span was normal. I've got numerous replies saying it is way off and to contact PCGS at once, I know the new policy is very quick turnarounds for 2007 but wonder how an October 5 entry in your system for 8 membership coins could take so long.

I'm growing very concerned that something may have happened to my coins whle at PCGS? If so, I know you will make things good. The torment is that I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Please let me know what to do from here.

Thanks,

tcmitssr

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Ron,

Happy Holidays and thank you for taking my question.

I submitted eight coins, via club membership voucher, in October. My order and submission number is listed under my user name in the area where you check the status of submissions.

They were received on Oct. 5 by PCGS. Today is Dec. 15 and it say that their status is ok with a shipping date of N/A. I have not received the coins as yet, obviously.

Starting three weeks ago, I began calling weekly about this. A kind and helpful gentleman named Benny (sp?) assisted me. Each time, he has said they are in processing and attributes the backup to shows and the holiday schedule. He's been a good guy and I commend him for attempting to assist me.

Yesterday, I called PCGS again and explained the problem to the operator. She said she would connect me with the manager of that department. It was a lady but I don't remember her name. I left her a detailed message (mid day your time) with the facts as above, my order and submission numbers and two telephone numbers to contact me. I asked her, if possible, to please call me back by the end of the day Thursday. It's now Friday evening and I have not heard back from her.

I posted a thread on the main board asking if time span was normal. I've got numerous replies saying it is way off and to contact PCGS at once, I know the new policy is very quick turnarounds for 2007 but wonder how an October 5 entry in your system for 8 membership coins could take so long.

I'm growing very concerned that something may have happened to my coins whle at PCGS? If so, I know you will make things good. The torment is that I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Please let me know what to do from here.

Thanks,

tcmitssr >>

Please send me the submission number via PM and I'll try to find out what the holdup is.

Best wishes,
    Ron Guth
    President
    PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
    www.CoinFacts.com